www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Big Changes coming soon - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Feedback & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Big Changes coming soon (/showthread.php?tid=9662)

Big Changes coming soon - matt - 05-09-2011 01:33 PM

Just to let everyone know that I intend to make some big fat changes to these forums soon.

The spam on these forums is just crazy, and all the gubbins I've installed to prevent it has done less than nothing. The best solution is to change the forum software ... again Blush

I want to just say a huge thanks to Bat for doing his best to delete the spam, he's done a great job. He'll be getting some help soon!

This change will happen sometime this century, so if you come here and things are not working or looking a bit funky, yeah, that'll be me. Sorry about that.

Hopefully this change will stop the spam, or at least reduce it to under 1000 posts a day...

Thanks,
Matt

RE: Big Changes coming soon - Cororon - 08-09-2011 06:18 AM

Great! Big Grin

RE: Big Changes coming soon - Majick - 08-09-2011 06:32 AM

The only wonky thing I've really noticed is there is no longer a lock / edit / remove option for posts ... how can we delete spam posts?

RE: Big Changes coming soon - Bat - 09-09-2011 04:05 AM

There are buttons under each post and then a drop down menu for each thread.

RE: Big Changes coming soon - matt - 20-10-2011 10:41 AM

See the announcement, migration is on!

It's happening tomorrow night (if all goes well) so keep hold of your hats, this could get bumpy!

RE: Big Changes coming soon - matt - 20-10-2011 03:42 PM

Guys & Gals, do you think we should keep this a Sims 3 + Expansions forum or as it's call 'the sims' forums, should we expand to all Sims games, including the classics?

My view is that it could go two ways, either attract more visitors in or dilute the forums with more categories that won't get used.

Thoughts please?! Huh

RE: Big Changes coming soon - Minty - 21-10-2011 06:47 PM

(20-10-2011 03:42 PM)matt Wrote:  Guys & Gals, do you think we should keep this a Sims 3 + Expansions forum or as it's call 'the sims' forums, should we expand to all Sims games, including the classics?

My view is that it could go two ways, either attract more visitors in or dilute the forums with more categories that won't get used.

Thoughts please?! Huh

You already know my thoughts on this matter Matt, let's learn to walk again before we try to chew gum at the same time.

One for General Discussion (which can have subsections for games, etc), one for Feedback.

RE: Big Changes coming soon - matt - 21-10-2011 11:23 PM

As you may have noticed the migration didn't quite go according to plan.

We think we've found the problem so will try again soon.

Sorry folks Sad

RE: Big Changes coming soon - Cororon - 22-10-2011 11:38 PM

(21-10-2011 11:23 PM)matt Wrote:  As you may have noticed the migration didn't quite go according to plan.

We think we've found the problem so will try again soon.

Sorry folks Sad
I wondered what happened. Good luck! Smile