Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games similar to The Sims
01-07-2017, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2017 07:59 AM by CarlTheDuck.)
Games similar to The Sims
Has anyone here heard of any games that are similar to The Sims? I've heard about La Vida and Thanksgiving Life.

La Vida is a free and open-source clone of The Sims, and although the creator, Mike Hibbert, stopped working on La Vida for almost 4 years, he has since resumed work on La Vida nearly 2 months ago. Although La Vida has not been released yet, La Vida seems to have some potential. A video of La Vida is below.

Thanksgiving Life was supposed to be released around 2 years, but there has been no updates for almost 2 years. A video of Thanksgiving Life is below.

Both La Vida and Thanksgiving Life are very interesting games.
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2017, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 09:50 AM by Minty.)
RE: Games similar to The Sims
Very interesting! La Vida looks very basic, Thanksgiving Life on the other hand looks every bit as good as TS4, although I would have to say the tools the user appears to be given are more like a heavily modded version of the Sims where you get God like powers to really mess matters up to a counterproductive level.

The idea of sweeping my hand and scattering cars in all directions does appeal though!

Also not too sure about a multiplayer version - likely to attract the wrong sort of player, if you get my drift!

The big problem for anyone wanting to make an alternative to the Sims is the EA version is so well established by now. There have been Sims type clones before, all have died, in part because EA flooded the market with lots of poorly made MySims variants to muddy the market for anyone trying to sell a "Sims but different" game.

But it still seems very surprising no one else has attempted to do on. If you can have Medal of Honor competing against Call of Duty and Battlefield since I was but a boy, and SimCity being decisively defeated by the little guys at Cities: Skylines, why not an alternative Sims?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-07-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: Games similar to The Sims
La Vida does look very much like a Sims game, particularly about two minutes into the video when the sim is just walking into a wall Biggrin

It's a good effort though and will probably end up with fewer bugs that the EA's Sims. It looks kind of like Sims 2.

Thanksgiving Life is hilarious! Might be a good thing to play after a hard day at work when you just want to smash things in a safe, virtual environment! Or drop pianos or bears on things.