Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Posting screenshots
16-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Posting screenshots
Hello All,

Could someone point me in the right direction for info on posting screenshots on Sims Forums? I started the 'Tramping Round The Sims' challenge and have taken a few pics but could not manage to get them to appear when I started a new thread (which I haven't posted yet). The screenshots are jpeg files, not too big, max 600 pixels wide. I can make them smaller if that is preferred. I clicked "new attachment" at the bottom of the post, added attachments and then tried to add them into the post. When I previewed, I could see the text that I'd entered but no pictures. I looked around a bit but couldn't find rules on posting pictures, maybe I missed them though. I'd be grateful for instructions. Cheers!
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2012, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 04:37 PM by Minty.)
RE: Posting screenshots
(16-06-2012 12:45 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Hello All,

Could someone point me in the right direction for info on posting screenshots on Sims Forums? I started the 'Tramping Round The Sims' challenge and have taken a few pics but could not manage to get them to appear when I started a new thread (which I haven't posted yet). The screenshots are jpeg files, not too big, max 600 pixels wide. I can make them smaller if that is preferred. I clicked "new attachment" at the bottom of the post, added attachments and then tried to add them into the post. When I previewed, I could see the text that I'd entered but no pictures. I looked around a bit but couldn't find rules on posting pictures, maybe I missed them though. I'd be grateful for instructions. Cheers!

I found the easiest way was simply using the HTML code [img] with the link to your picture and then closing it again.

For instance - [img]hxxp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/bucknec/hooray.jpg[/img]
(I made it hxxp instead of http so the code will show!)

If you switch your game when posting from Editor to Source, I've found it is easier to keep watch of what you are putting together that way.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
16-06-2012, 05:03 PM
RE: Posting screenshots
Aha! I see where I am going wrong. So I need to get a Photobucket account, pop all the pics in there and then link to them - I was trying to upload here and attach the files directly. I shall create a bucket of photos and subject you all to them in due course.

Thank you! Haveadrink