Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAKE KONY FAMOUS!
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
MAKE KONY FAMOUS!

Sharing, to save the children and make this Criminal Famous! He needs to be caught.

You, keep spreading!
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: MAKE KONY FAMOUS!
He's a sick man who needs to be brought to justice!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

07-03-2012, 11:28 PM
What, Joseph Kony of "Jesus Army" infamy? He's still going? There are hundreds of these warlords all over Africa using child soldiers, many of them funded by western governments, or the Russians, or the Chinese, or whoever else adopts them as a "client" in return for favourable terms in exploiting the country's natural resources when they win power.

The South African mercenary outfit Executive Outcomes were hired by the Americans as an "deniable asset" many years back to help the UNITA "freedom fighters" in Angola and take them to the brink of victory. A UN brokered ceasefire meant the end of their contract. A couple of years later, the war restarted, and unbelieveably, the MPLA government in desperation allowed Executive Outcomes to first protect the oil fields without which the Marxist government would collapse, and then hired them to push UNITA back.

As they did so, they began to discover all the stuff the Americans and UNITA had been keeping from them, that the UNITA "freedom fighters" weren't the popular people overthrowing a brutal Marxist regime they'd been made out to be when they took the first contract. In truth, they were like the Viet Minh/Cong and many other "liberators" before and since - you had to be either for them or against them. When villages and townships were captured, some of its young men - many only very young boys - would be conscripted into UNITA's army (child soldiers are popular because they're too light to set off landmines - usually...), with a "political advisor" stationed in the village when the rest moved on. The "political advisor"'s job was to shoot the entire family of any of these "volunteers" if they deserted. If the "political advisor" came to any harm, the entire village could expect to be butchered by UNITA shortly after. It's a strategy straight out of the Middle Ages, and very effective even today.

Executive Outcomes - only too conscious of their own homeland changing after half a century's brutality - countered what UNITA and the MPLA had been doing - rule by fear - by a policy of "hearts and minds" (as they were fewer in numbers, if far better trained and equipped, this was pragmatics as much as idealistics). When they seized control of villages and townships, they rounded up the locals and demonstrated how they could mend their primitive water pumping works and how to cannibalise parts to keep them going until spares arrived, and so on, things the MPLA ought to have taught them but didn't because like all centralist governments they wanted to keep their people dependent on them, even if it was to those people's detriment.

It worked a little too well. As UNITA was almost pushed right out of Angola, the MPLA got nervous that the people might want Executive Outcomes to carry out a coup d'etat. The South African government was petrified of the political consequences of a white run South African mercenary outfit seizing control of Angola. The Americans were beyond fury that the no good Commies were going to stay in charge (even if it had been the American oil company Ranger Oil that had initially bankrolled EO's second intervention in the first place). Another UN ceasefire was brokered, and part of it was that Executive Outcomes would be banned from setting foot in Angola again. The ceasefire again did not last, to no one's surprise.

The American journalist Jim Hooper wrote a book, "Bloodsong" about the entire Angolan fiasco that EO were involved in, and the horrible way Africans find themselves still at the mercy of "arms length" colonialism, where the brutalities are carried out by their own people becoming "denial assets" of rich foreigners, and bandits are painted by the foreign media as either "insurgents" or "freedom fighters" according to their nation's own agendas, none of which are humanitarian.

Getting rid of Joseph Kony will only solve a tiny part of a massive problem. When he goes, our governments and those of other nations will fund some other gangster to take his place. Until that stops, there's going to be plenty more where he came from.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
11-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Some people have said it is a scam. because only about 32% of money is used for the actual organization. the rest goes to staff. The Invisible Children foundation has been known to be unreliable. Also they never state how they will use to money or how they exactly plan to bring down Kony...I told someone this on Tumblr. She told me to grow up. -___- wth.

12-03-2012, 11:28 PM
I can believe my luck! In Waterstones today, getting a present for my brother's birthday, and there on the shelf was the book "Executive Outcomes: Against All Odds" by Eeben Barlow! It was banned in the UK at one time, so very pleased to get it.

Eeben Barlow was one of the founders of Executive Outcomes (that I mentioned above), and is the man who the character of Rafer Janders in the 1970s film The Wild Geese was based on (although he is very much alive and currently threatening to sue the pants off our government for now trying to blame the Lockerbie bombing on him!), someone that became a mercenary for money and out of a naive belief mercenaries could be some sort of white knight organisation (EO's emblem was literally a white knight chesspiece) like The Magnificent Seven riding in on the behalf of the goodies to beat the cruel baddies - only to find the goodies robbing their own treasury the moment they were free.

Over 500 pages, so I think this is going to keep me busy for a while! Can't wait to read what he says about the whole African situation.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I saw "KONY 2012" everywhere on youtube and thought he was a presidential candidate. Omg I was very wrong. Let's hope they will catch him. Fryingpan What a sicko.