Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
What song are you listening to?
25-04-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: What song are you listening to?
This was on the repeated Top Of The Pops (they're doing 1978 this year) this week.

I'd forgotten what a sad little song this is of love that was never meant to be. The guy who wrote most of their stuff was actually a children's author who also wrote Johnny Cash's comedy song "A Boy Named Sue".

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Ah, 1978. What a glorious year that was. Yes

If you are lucky perhaps they will have a bit of this on TOTP.

25-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah they had that one on a few weeks ago. Currently it's the time the two Northern stereotypes & St Winifred School's Choir were doing "Matchstick Men & Matchstick Datsun Cogs" but there's so much bonkers songs like "It Takes Two To Tango" & "Automatic Lover" (with a guy in a robot costume that looks like it was made out of egg cartons) that it's compulsive viewing.

26-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks to you, Minty, I have recently been having an over-dose of Lisa Mitchell. :/

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

28-05-2013, 11:25 AM
In a couple of months, a year will have passed since I became addicted to the dark knight rises complete score soundtrack and I still love it!

My favourite being this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R474vlTZKK4&feature=plpp

04-06-2013, 11:27 PM

Their drummer recently managed to sprain the tendons on one of his arms so badly it's been put in a sling. What was he doing? Restoring statues with a scalpel! To make it worse, he's also been a professional blacksmith for years!

07-06-2013, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 12:08 PM by Ollie.)
I've recently been re-visiting the 40s, 50s and 60s with songs like: a little bird told me, baby its cold outside, ain't that kick in the head, etc.

16-06-2013, 05:27 PM

This just came on the radio so I started dancing around in the kitchen, using my chopping board as a guitar. Apparently this is not cool behaviour and will result in being mocked. Let this be a warning to the rest of you. Yes

[Image: Resized Images copy_0025_Chop2Pot PLUS_green.jpg.jpeg]
19-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Anyone that doesn't get the automatic urge to do air guitar when Ace Of Spades comes on is clinically dead.

19-06-2013, 10:07 PM
True, but I think it was the use of the chopping board as a prop that got me mocked. That picture is my actual chopping board - not very rock 'n' roll, alas. Now there's a challenge - find a rock and roll chopping board for air guitar purposes!

Today I am slightly more mellow.