Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
They've found Richard III!
17-08-2013, 09:39 AM
RE: They've found Richard III!
Good grief. I find it hard to take seriously a group calling themselves the "Plantagenet Alliance". Sounds like something from Star Wars. Surely after so many years have passed and so many generations of the family, the claim is too distant and the national and historical interest should take precedence?
Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2013, 04:41 AM
(05-02-2013 09:40 PM)Ollie Wrote:  It's always nice to wake up in the morning and then see a skeleton on TV.
At least it's better than the usual Kim Kardashian

[Image: 9506114279_7f0d652bd0_o.jpg]

A sprawling, suburban, Simlish soap opera!
http://www.historyofpleasantview.blogspot.com
11-01-2014, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 10:52 AM by Caspin.)
And here he is! Or at least his head. Or a replica of his head, I should say.

[Image: RichardIII.jpeg]

I will pop down to the British Museum and give his majesty our regards.
03-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Good heavens, look at this crown that they're going to shove into Richard III's coffin when they bury him.

[Image: _74620498_74620497.jpg]

What a shame to bury those jewels. Makes me think I should write a will to ensure that if I am buried I go into my coffin in pyjamas. It's important to be comfy.

I swear that crown is almost as shiny as my teapots (almost).
03-05-2014, 11:20 PM
What's the point in burying jewels with Richard III, or anything with anyone when they die for that matter? It's not like they're ever gonna use it, they're dead for Christ sake!
Hell I wish to be buried with my house and sleep peacefully in my bed, but that ain't gonna happen.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

04-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Well you can't deny the usefulness of grave goods for learning about history and the culture of people from the past. Does seem daft to shove in a brand new shiny crown like that with R3 at this point in time, though. I think it might be better to display a crown nearby so that people can have the chance to admire it when they visit.