Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Filmmaker making real-life Sims parody
16-10-2012, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 02:41 AM by Kill9.)
Filmmaker making real-life Sims parody
Hi Guys,

I have been an avid Sims player since Sims 2. I have a few expansions with Sims 3 on my computer, the latest being Late Night. I love playing the Sims, but I can get unhealthy sometimes with it in terms of obsession and then I have to stop playing completely for a while.

Well, I also happen to be a filmmaker. I had a lot of viral success make a live-action parody of Left 4 Dead (the zombie shooter game) called Boomer's Day Off so I think I'd like to make a parody of the Sims. There have been some before, but not like how I want to do it. I plan to make a small web series out of it, re-enacting all the funny stuff we see in the game... or even stuff that isn't funny in the game but would be very funny to see real people do.

I am hoping joining these forums might give me some inspiration for the videos. I am also excited because this give me an excuse to get back into the game, although I am also afraid I will get addicted again. Omg

Michelle Osorio
Professional Geek
www.michelleosorio.com
Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2012, 06:53 PM
RE: Filmmaker making real-life Sims parody
Hello Michelle and welcome! Yes, it is addictive Smile
16-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Hello Michelle and welcome to SimsForums! I'll have to watch your videos after school, so I can't wait until then. Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

17-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Welcome Smile I look forward to watching!

[Image: ZMsqu.png]
03-02-2013, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 11:19 PM by Minty.)
(17-10-2012 09:31 PM)kasrasianna Wrote:  Welcome Smile I look forward to watching!
Thanks, guys. It only notified me once of a reply so sorry for the belated response. Oh and we're halfway through shooting the series. Here is the Kickstarter campaign if you'd like to check out the video. We have some preliminary effects done.

[No, you are not using SF as a begging bowl - Minty]
03-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Just had a look and I must say it's looking good, I can't wait till those episodes come out!
I would donate, but:
1. It looks like you already past your goal.
2. My mum probably wouldn't let me.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]