Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Wilde night out
14-12-2012, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 10:12 PM by Minty.)
A Wilde night out
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

This has only just appeared on the net. It appears that 80s starlet Kim Wilde, she of "Kids In America" and "Chequered Love" and um, something else maybe got on the London Underground drunk as a lord and decided to do an inpromptu concert for the passengers.

Who apart from those holding the camera it seems weren't in the least impressed! Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2012, 10:59 AM
RE: A Wilde night out
Jeez, people on that train need to lighten up. They were just having a bit of fun, drunk fun.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

15-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I think the problem was the fact she was so off-key (her brother more so) & the feeling the whole thing was staged in an attempt to relaunch her singing career. The person who captured the video, Case Eames is in showbiz herself, so I won't be too surprised to hear they've both on the same agency's books!

London is also a bit of a Mecca for people doing stunts, especially packed places like underground trains where there's no escape. Suppose if you travel regularly on the underground you may get sick of it.

There's also the natural discomfort sober people feel when in the company of a drunken stranger - you feel wary how far they're going to go to stay centre of attention.

I used to dread doing Friday night late shifts - no matter what carriage I got into, there was always some shower of obnoxiously loud wee tarts determined to be as "in your face" as possible, deciding that you looked glum & needed cheering up. "It's called coming home from a day's work knowing you're on the Saturday shift 8 o'clock the next morning!" PissedOff

Not that there will be much chance of that happening over Christmas up here, as the trains are all going on strike again!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
15-12-2012, 10:49 PM
(15-12-2012 09:34 PM)Minty Wrote:  Suppose if you travel regularly on the underground you may get sick of it.

True. I don't normally mind people being a bit silly and it's nice to see folk having fun, but sometimes I'm just so tired I want them to shush.