Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Sims 2 like to play?
20-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Question What is Sims 2 like to play?
Much as I am close to fixing my Sims 1 problems and, after battling with Sims Medieval, decided that the changes were too extreme, I am aware that writing off the possibility of playing Sims 2 is a little rash. I tried searching on google to find out what the gameplay was like, but the first page I found was impossible to navigate and the second was so dull I almost gave up. Youtube have plenty of trailers, but, in my experience, trailers aren't a reliable or impartial source. I even tried watching some gameplay videos, but the disappearing cars in the first one were distracting and the second one had an annoying voice over. (I need to stop my blah blah blah-ing.)

Basically, can anyone describe the gameplay to me? Things which I'd like to know include how accessible the game is as I'm not very tech savvy, and which version/expansion packs to go for. Is it confusing/do you get used to it, how addictive is it? (I am addicted to enough anime/manga/games without adding another.)

Thankyou Smile
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: What is Sims 2 like to play?
From experience, videos on You Tube are an excellent way to get the "feel" for a particular game.

I'm going to be biased here, but I would say go for Sims 3 instead. The major advantage is no loading screens except when going into Create A Sim & it is graphically much nicer to play with. It is a far more open world than either of the previous 2 editions, & it is quite easy to lose half a day to playing it!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
20-12-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: What is Sims 2 like to play?
I loved Sims 2 but now I've experienced Sims 3 I don't think I could go back. I'd say neither are confusing and both are highly addictive, but then I would say that because I'm already addicted and happy to admit it. I would give Medieval another go, as well, if you can - it is different from the other Sims games it's true, so you need to learn new controls and play towards goals instead of being totally sandbox, but I really liked it for a change and it runs really smoothly, which can't always be said of Sims 3.