Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 is coming out!
06-05-2013, 10:43 PM
The Sims 4 is coming out!
I don't know if this is old news but I just read the sims 4 is coming out in 2014!
My first instinct when I read about this was to come back on here and post about it haha. I am hoping this was everyone else's instinct as well, that is if the old members of simsforums still like the sims. We now have something else to wait for, let's relive the days when we were waiting for sims 3 to come out!

-Ahmed

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: The Sims 4 is coming out!
Yeah, it was officially announced today! With Maxis developing it, I hope they take the game back to basics, when it used to be good!
I've had absolutely no interest in TS3, but I think I'll be keeping up to date with the developments of The Sims 4.

Literally did the same thing as you! Came here to see what this place was like now, and to see if anyone had returned.
Those were good days!

Coming Soon...
07-05-2013, 04:52 AM
You have no idea how excited I am for this... I've been on a Sims 3 kick this whole month (including April).

I'm wondering if this site will get busy again with all the commotion around Sims 4; which, I hope it does.
07-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Hello old timers!

It worries me that having the Maxis logo on it makes folk think it's sure to be OK - after all, Maxis logo is on the new SimCity too and look how that turned out!

I'll be sticking with Sims 3 for a good long while but I hope you guys will enjoy No. 4 when it comes out next year and will be back here showing everyone your pictures etc.

Smile
07-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Holy Moses! Hello everyone! Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

07-05-2013, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 09:06 AM by Minty.)
(07-05-2013 06:49 AM)Caspin Wrote:  Hello old timers!

It worries me that having the Maxis logo on it makes folk think it's sure to be OK - after all, Maxis logo is on the new SimCity too and look how that turned out!

I'll be sticking with Sims 3 for a good long while but I hope you guys will enjoy No. 4 when it comes out next year and will be back here showing everyone your pictures etc.

Smile
According to the Q&A, you won't have to be online all the time to play it. That was going to be the deal breaker for me had they done this.

I liked the passage "new breakthroughs in technology are letting us give you the coolest Sims ever". Which translated means they're rushing this out to be ready for the new wave of consoles & chips coming out, same as Bethesda dumped Skyrim to put everyone onto the new console games projects. Wahey, so long suckers with your "legacy" PCs & "legacy" consoles!

As for the one screenshot they've given -

[Image: 139256.jpg]

Um, it looks to me like how Sims look in the iPhone version. Those hair textures are awful! So flat & painted. It had better look a lot better in game. I suspect this is being made in a way to make it look as good on tablets & other mobile apps as it will on PC/console.

They'd better have a whole host of game improvements to go with it, like being able to move around multiple game worlds, or I'll be sticking with Sims 3 for a long time to come yet.

Here's good old LGR's take on it.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
07-05-2013, 10:02 AM
I hope that they're just somewhat rushed concept art or renders.
I have a feeling that Maxis/EA decided to reveal the sims 4 ASAP after those pre-production UI design screens were leaked for whatever reason, maybe it was to make it clear that the sims 4 was not going going to carry DRM unlike SimCity, considering with all the statements they made it was made pretty clear that the sims 4 isn't online only.

07-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Oh goody, I love LGR! Have to watch that at home though, due to having no speakers here.

I will be interested to know (a) will there be a native Mac version, (b) what they think they can do differently from Sims 3. I mean, what will be the Big New Thing? With Sims 3 it was the open neighbourhood that made it such a jump from Sims 2. Where is there to go now?

It's good news if there will be no online requirement, but not if that means that choosing to play offline makes you a second class simmer: they do still mention social features being a part of the game and I hope that doesn't mean that you miss out on a lot by playing on your own.

Twallan not modding S4 makes me very wary. I've only just got a stable game running in Bootcamp and there's plenty left for me to do with S3. I'm nowhere near ready to move on. Maybe I'll never be ready!

I just hope it works out OK for everyone who does buy it.
07-05-2013, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 10:45 AM by Ollie.)
From the conference call I believe they said that they're going back to the basics, focusing on the sims mainly. That being said I hope that the detail on the sims is increased to the point you can see emotion being portrayed mainly on their faces instead of within over exaggerated animations and interactions , I mean I don't care if there are interactions that go along with their mood/feelings, but I'd prefer if the emotion is shown in particular on the sims themselves.

Also something that bugs me about the logo is where is the plumbob? :/

10-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Sims 4 hey? That IS good news, hopefully we'll start getting busy around here again!

Oh look, it turns out we own Sims4.net! If I set up a site for it, anyone want to post news etc to it? I'll be honest, I probably won't have time to post much content but I'm happy to be the technical guy behind it if people here want to run it.

And obviously from there (should get a few Google results) we can nudge people to here!

Just a thought... Nah

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...