Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
These videos mess with my head - woman has two eagles & a fox visiting her cats
18-10-2013, 07:25 PM
These videos mess with my head - woman has two eagles & a fox visiting her cats

This woman's videos are surreal.

It appears these eagles regularly visit this house along with a fox & occasionally a raven. The food being left out for her cats was what must have attracted them in the first place, but long after the food has all been eaten they still all hang around together.

The place this is happening is the Aleutian Islands, which appears to have a massive bald eagle population that has displaced the seagulls & taken up their role hanging around the harbour (fishing being the main industry).

As such, down the decades the eagles that were less timid & more tolerant of man (& anything man associated) have survived & flourished (they only become aggressive if you get too near their nests). Apparantly the cats, eagles & fox all squabbled at first but now have become tolerant of one another enough for this to be their daily social group.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: These videos mess with my head - woman has two eagles & a fox visiting her cats
That's awesome!
I wished I lived there, looks so nice with the snow and stuff...

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

19-10-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: These videos mess with my head - woman has two eagles & a fox visiting her cats
How nice to get such well-behaved, tolerant, quiet visitors! They can come round to my place any time.

It does look nice with all that snow doesn't it.
06-09-2015, 10:38 PM
There was no updates for a while & everyone worried the eagles & the cats friendship had ended in tears, claws and talons, but it was only PC difficulties.

They're now got a new visitor, a pure black fox, which has realised that the laws of nature have been repealed on Unalaska & everyone potters about waiting for the fish to arrive.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]