Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Dr Who 50th anniversary show - what did you think?
24-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Rainbow The Dr Who 50th anniversary show - what did you think?
Aye, it was long, the plot a bit WTF at time (three cheers for On Demand allowing me to wind back & go over bits again to grasp what was going on!) but I liked it. The plot was clever (once you got it!)

John Hurt played his part as the Doctor we never got to see brilliantly & it was good to see the Zygons back. Matt Smith vs David Tennent slagging matches - they should have more moments like this!

Also glad to see the logical see through to the whole Time War/Gallifrey being blown up being done - giving them a whole load of new plotlines & a way of bringing back anything they like now from the original series without having to invent silly parallel universes like they did with the Cybermen.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2013, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 08:13 PM by Caspin.)
RE: The Dr Who 50th anniversary show - what did you think?
Ooooh it sounds so good! I might watch it tonight, even if will put me out of sequence with my Dr Who tapes.

Smile

Edit: Didn't manage to watch it yet!
27-11-2013, 12:38 AM
There's a huge stack of old Doctor Whos available on the On Demand package right now - forgotten how good Remembrance Of The Daleks was. Ace & Sylvester McCoy were a brill tag team.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
02-12-2013, 07:24 AM
I haven't watched it, but I will try to soon! Smile
I am so sad to see Matt Smith go soon though Sad

03-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Yeah I liked Matt Smith as the doctor, but then I liked some of the other doctors too but still manage to get used to the next one along. I hope the new doctor will be a winner. We shall see!

I still have not watched the 50th anniversary show but I did manage to watch something else that I'd taped. It was about how the show started in the 60s and the first doctor and the director and producer and so on. It was quite sweet.