Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Wall - Sims Adaption
29-12-2013, 06:16 PM
RE: The Wall - Sims Adaption
Oh heck, well good luck with the assignments!
Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Eek! Exams & studies first, funtime second. There was a girl that used to be here I heard from a certain source completely managed to ruin her academic career from screwing around the Sims world instead of keeping up her studies.

Especially in the current economic climate, every qualification counts, but having dropped out of one post-graduate course when I was younger for a job (which in the end didn't last when the government funding was withdrawn - long story), I always regretted never finishing it.

Sorry if I seemed to nag - let your muse come as it will.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-01-2014, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 12:42 PM by Panzerjoust.)
Luckily I've managed to finish them and have gotten started on the next chapter.

[Image: Screenshot-4_zps47bef5bd.jpg]

There was something comforting about isolation for Pink. Something about not having to care about what anyone else said, not having to serve anyone. But the scars run deep, and years of torment were not to be forgotten....

[Image: Screenshot-6_zps1905f5a8.jpg]

He took solace in his guitar. There was no one around to criticize, no one around to belittle him on his playing ability or how he couldn't hit the right notes when he sang. Isolation. Cut off. It was a wall between him and the outside world, constructed, brick by brick. Father's death, the biggest brick of all. He felt a pang of anger. How selfish, he thought, for him to go off and die, and just leave his son there? How bloody selfish! And as the anger burned through him he thought of other bricks - how dare the teachers mock me in front of people! Why do I need teachers anyway - or people! They've done nothing good at all! People killed father! People punished me for being creative! People are useless, useless, useless!

And before he knew it the rage had spilled and he grabbed the matches and struck, once, twice, at the side of the packet and before he knew it -

[Image: Screenshot-8_zps89ecfcf7.jpg]

Luckily someone phoned the firefighters and it was put under control. And Pink faced his wall.

[Image: Screenshot-7_zps8d088889.jpg]
02-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Hmmmm, did I spot a Magic Flute style "trial by fire & water" there?

03-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Possibly Smile It was probably the only way to express that "meltdown". In the album and film he has a meltdown on stage whilst hallucinating a Nazi rally, so I wasn't really able to replicate that on sims.
04-01-2014, 04:07 PM
This is going very well!

Glad you got your assignments done too.
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
There was a programme about Top Of The Pops in 1979 (that was the biggest ever year for sales of single of all time would you believe, before the days of multi-format CD releases to rip off their most obsessive fans with), with Pink Floyd being mentioned as "Another Brick In The Wall" was the surprise Christmas number one that year.

The band was flabberghasted, as it was their first single to chart since 1967 & all 12 previous ones had flopped, even "Money" & "Us & Them" despite being on "The Dark Side Of The Moon" when it was the biggest selling album in round about every country in 1973 & 74. They reckoned the technicians strike at Top Of The Pops had a lot to do with it, forcing the show to play nothing but videos MTV style, & their vid with the spooky cartoon clips from The Wall beat everything else on release at the time. Sign of what was to come.

05-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I've always treated Another Brick In The Wall like an embarrassing relative. It's largely the song most people know and for me nearly sold them out to the pop market as it kinda gave up on the whole concept album idea.
20-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Just caught up on your story and loving it. I've never heard of the wall before but it sure does sound interesting.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]