Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maxis :(
31-01-2014, 05:39 AM
Maxis :(
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/t...ng-layoffs

Maxis hit with "massive" layoffs, Maxis Utah is no more.
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Maxis :(
No real surprise. EA's been cutting back all over the place & their pretendy indie studio was never going to be kept up.

It's all practice for the mass redundancies coming after Sims 4! Diablo

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
31-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Noooo! SimGuruLauren and Britt are gone. Sad

One of the artists that layed off said via twitter that The Sims 4 team is mismanaged. Confused

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

01-02-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm sure they are right to say TS4 is mismanaged - it would be only natural when the whole company looks mismanaged! I feel bad for those who have lost their jobs while working on TS4, since they must have thought they were safe for now at least.

With a projected net loss of $130 million I suppose they felt that they had to do something. Take on more staff and produce higher quality games that people will shell out their hard-earned cash for would be one way to do it, but that's not EA's style. Cut staff, over-work those that remain, push out a bug-laden product or a vaguely updated rehash of last year's variant in a new shiny box is more like it. Then wonder why the awards they win tend to be along the "worst company" line.

I'm sorry for the affected developers and hope they find work else.
01-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Its sad but not a surprise. After what Maxis did when they handled Simcity... well, I am not surprised.

This is going on with many EA studios. They keep laying off and closing studios. Most recently they laid off a ton of employees from the developers of the Dead Space series.
02-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Yes, that's true about the Simcity debacle. That was truly embarrassing to watch.

Nice to see you again by the way, residenteviloutbreak (that's a mouthful, I might just call you Evil or something for short) Big Grin