Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Trusting Desire - An American Historical Romance!
01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Trusting Desire - An American Historical Romance!
Chapter 4 is up! http://trustingdesire.wordpress.com/chap...comment-25
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Ah, well now. If it seems to be good to be true, then it is probably too good to be true. Perhaps I am being needlessly cynical but I fear that this rescue will not continue to be so peaceful. At least in the meantime Ellie can stop dressing like a ho, being subjected to florid wallpaper and getting bashed up by fiendish Cogs. But I for one shall maintain constant vigilance.

Yes
03-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Ha! You're cynicism cracks me up! Clearly, you are well aware of the rules of storytelling and how nothing is ever as fine and dandy as it seems. Nah Poor Ellie ... her worst enemy now is herself. That floral brothel wallpaper was pretty painful, wasn't it? Now I suppose it's on to tea rose, toille and other lovely historical patterns.

Somehow (thanks to my boss being off for the week and me goofing around in the office), I was able to squeeze out another half-chapter!

Here's 5.1
http://trustingdesire.wordpress.com/chapter-5-1/
03-07-2014, 07:07 AM
:O :O :O Gabriel!?
04-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Nah, I liked that wallpaper. It really suited the set!

Oh boy, so they are related, then? Ellie and Gabriel?
06-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Gabriel came back quick! Biggrin

Brill chapters as always. One question (at the risk of screwing a plot twist to come). Did the old bloodstain on the bridal bed myth still prevail in the American West? Horseriding was regarded as a compulsory life skill learned from as young as possible & with that hymens never stood a chance (this was why riding "side saddle" was invented back in Richard II's time, in the idiotic belief it would preserve a women's "virtue" more than riding straddled).

If I remember, it's one of the reasons the myth about the horsey set all being randy devils grew up because none of them ever bled on their wedding night, which became a matter of servant gossip.

Feel free to debunk me on this one everyone - my knowledge of American history pre-WW2 is woeful Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
07-07-2014, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 08:04 AM by noonibean.)
Eww, my email is no longer telling me when I recieve a message in this forum. I wonder what happened.... grrr. So annoying. Anyhoo, Gabriel and Ellie are NOT related, haha. Ellie's mother and Henry's late wife were cousins. Gabriel's mother was Henry's sister. So Ellie is related to one side of the family and Gabriel the other. See? No blood relation, thank God. HAHA.

And Minty, about the stain on the bridal bed ... no, technically it was rediculous to assume virgins all bled on their wedding night. I mean, horses ... duh! I tried researching that topic in Victorian America, but came away with little. I'm sure several closed-minded rich people still thought that way though. If anything, it's great for storytelling. Biggrin

PS. Here's chapter 5.2, my dears. http://trustingdesire.wordpress.com/chapter-5-2/
07-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Hold your horses, Minty (ahahaha), stop galloping ahead (ahahahahahaha)! The poor lass has to find someone to marry first before she starts worrying about wedding night traumas. Tongue

Well I am mightily relieved to hear that Ellie and Gabriel are not related. Jolly good! Perhaps she will end up in safe hands.

Re: chapter 5.2 - best line ever "who knew coming back from the dead would be so difficult". Cracking! Biggrin

And look at her - running around the garden in her nightdress. The impropriety! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who tackles some of life's biggest dramas while wearing pyjamas. When everything else around you is fudged up, you might as well at least be comfy. Perhaps I should start a diary called "dramas in pyjamas". Or possibly not.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Brilliant chapter. Let's have another, please!
08-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Drama's In Pajamas. I like it! It's like the sequel to Bananas In Pajamas ... remember that little gem? Haha. But seriously, pajamas are the best! And oh yes, Ellie is never one to think before she does something. Childish, spontaneous, clumsy; I modeled a lot of her character of after me, lol.

Glad that line cracked you up! Even in the most uncertain of situations, Gabriel still manages to think of sarcastic comments. Wink
13-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Gabriel scrubs up well. Is that him trying to get Miss Ellie into bother already? Loved the line "She thirsted for secrets, not cocktails and spirits."

They certainly had it tougher in them days - get caught sneaking off with your beau to a party, face being hanged rather than only grounded for a week!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]