Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
The Sims: City Life leaked [Rumor]
09-05-2014, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 10:17 AM by residenteviloutbreak.)
The Sims: City Life leaked [Rumor]
Please do not ask for my sources, as I would rather them not be found out and risk getting them in trouble. All I can say is I have my ways of getting inside info from Maxis.
----------------------
Maxis is in contact with a graphical engine developer about using their technology for a game titled "The Sims: City Life".

Read for yourself:
[Image: sg03fc.jpg]

So... what do you all think? 4141155crbst-plumbbob-gif_1_

I have a logo!

[Image: 2u77har.png]

Looks a bit "Urbz" like.
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2014, 05:13 PM
RE: The Sims: City Life leaked [Rumor]
What do you mean you don't want your source to get into trouble?

You've just gone & posted up the e-mail address they were using - PRINTERN@maxis.com - which means it's someone called Tom that is a PR Intern for Maxis.

There was a rumour about a Sims: City Life back in 2005 but nothing came of it. I'm calling bullplop on this one. FlyingPig

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
10-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't know about this one, I guess we'll just wait till E3 next month and see.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

02-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Four year later edit:
I never updated this thread, but the source was someone who was terminated from Maxis when the emeryville studio closed. This project was a legit project but troubles at Maxis and EA's focus on (at the time) PC versions of The Sims, caused this title to get shelved. However; a lot of the design for the spin off (including content) ended up becoming the City Living expansion for TS4 and the failed City Life served as the basis for the eventual Sims 4 console port.

According to my source, anyways.