Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello again my childhood home :)
09-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Hello again my childhood home :)
Hi everyone. Ain't this a blast from le past.

It's sooo weird to be back. Just thought I'd briefly pop in. I haven't had much time to look around yet, but it seems the forum is so quiet now Sad BUT I just wanted to say I have so many happy memories of this place. I actually associate it strongly with my childhood and it's popped into my head a few times over the years. There was so many interesting characters and fun to be had on here. Just typing this out is bringing me back (the format has barely changed at all lol).

I'm old now, of course. I joined this forum when I was 14. I'm now 24. Crazy stuff. My life has changed a lot since my time on here, BUT I still play Sims. I'm very much a grown up now, I guess. Sadly my mum died last year so I'm what you would call an 'adult orphan' if that's what you would call it as my dad is not around either. So I own my own property and pay my own bills and work my own life which I never thought when I was on here I'd ever be grown up enough to do, haha. I've been through a lot. I'm now studying towards a teaching degree because when I was younger I dropped out of college as I didn't know what to do, so ended up working full time in various crappy jobs. Other than that, I guess just typical normal life.

I don't know if I was on here or not at the time, but you guys know I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and I went to the premiere of the final film (6 years ago now!!!) when I was 18, and met some of the cast, touched Rupert Grint (only on the arms sadly) and got J.K Rowling's autograph in my DH book. She touched my fingers guys!!! Haha.

Anyway, I'm gonna shut up now as I'm not expecting anyone to read this, but I still wanted to write on here today, I have no idea why. I just felt like visiting my past after the tough life I've had recently. This was my place of being a kid and being innocent, and I hope it stays online for a long time, even if no one ever posts again. I used to spend ridiculous amounts of time here, it really was my second home and I don't regret it one bit! I've now added one more post to my massive post count as well, woo!

Thanks everyone for this amazing place and lovely memories.

SmileBeatingHeartSohappy

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: Hello again my childhood home :)
Hi Cassie, long time no hear indeed! I'll give you a proper reply later as I am doing this by mobile from work (they give us lunchbreaks - "thank you Mr Scrooge!").

We're still around, but Caspin got disillusioned after Brexit and has been spending more time looking to escape abroad. I chucked it last year as a lost cause but no one else would take over the Admin, so six months later I was still It effectively. Tongue

I've returned from two months almost of politics rubbish locally - more about that later.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Hey Cassie, great to hear from you! You know what is really scary? I now have 2 kids, and my daughter who is now 8 is a huge Harry Potter fan too, only last week we were at the Harry Potter Studio tour!

I'm so old...

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
13-06-2017, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2017 08:29 PM by Caspin.)
Hi Cassie! Sorry to hear you've been through some rough times, but it sounds as though you are doing well with going back to studying and so on. You do indeed have a massive post count (!) and I can well imagine that it can be comforting sometimes to be nostalgic and look back at places of fun from happier childhood times.

Minty's right, I haven't been around on the forum much as it takes up a lot of time trying to relocate when the jobs market is this unhelpful. But I keep trying.

But crikey, at least you managed to feel up Rupert Grint's arms. Mischief managed!
25-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Are you still really wanting to relocate Caspin when this government is going to be out of power & dead before the year's out?

Two lost by-elections & they're toast. Corbyn gets in, announces Britain's going to rejoin EFTA (or whatever they call it now) - all the benefits of the EU & none of the vices - Britain stops spending money on crap we don't need & instead spends on the NHS & stuff we do need, economy booms & Tories out of power for the next two decades.

I envy you Matt going on the Harry Potter tour. One of those ones for the bucket list!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
25-06-2017, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2017 11:48 PM by Caspin.)
Do you get to be sorted by the sorting hat if you go on the HP tour? Are there owls? Are there chocolate frogs?

I wonder if Cassie will ever return. I wish her well.
26-06-2017, 11:13 AM
There was a sorting hat although we were not sorted, there were owls although not real ones and you could probably buy chocolate frogs from the massive gift shop!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
26-06-2017, 09:36 PM
You didn't get sorted? Too afraid of the hat's decision?! Biggrin

I would quite like to go there. Get myself a broomstick and write with a quill. However I am not drinking butter beer under any circumstances. Sounds too awful!

And yes, I still want to relocate no matter what happens at Westminster (but what crazy times they are having there - it'd be fascinating if it were fiction) as Brexit isn't the only reason to do it. It's a slower-moving project than I'd hoped, that's for sure.

Budo