Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One-time posters are an annoyance.
02-04-2008, 01:38 AM
One-time posters are an annoyance.
I just posted this to voice my complaint about members who join, post once or a few times then never come back after that day. The admins should do some "spring cleaning" by removing these members or making a new rule that says "NO ONE-TIME POSTING. If you join, post more than once or a few times." It's just annoying to see all these newborn accounts that are dying because the owners of them are too lazy to come back. This issue needs to be taken care of.
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Re: One-time posters are an annoyance.
True. Nice idea!

-Supergeek

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
02-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Maybe there should just be a rule like "you must post at least 5 times a month" or something. Some people just like to sit back and read what others have to say rather than adding their own thoughts. It wouldn't be fair if you deleted them just because they don't like posting.

Just my opinion. I agree that they are a bit annoying, but it doesn't really hurt us or the forum if they don't post, now does it?

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
02-04-2008, 02:12 AM
It doesn't really hurt us, but I do agree with both of you, it's really annoying. I like your idea, Bambi. Maybe for not posting 5 times a month, their account is like "frozen" for a month or something.

-Supergeek

02-04-2008, 02:38 AM
I'd take a member who never posts over a member who posts a bunch of nonsense any day Wink

02-04-2008, 12:13 PM
True...like Crank.

02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
You may find a lot of people are just signing up to get their usernames. I'm sure some will be back when more info is released or when the game finally comes out!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
02-04-2008, 12:52 PM
(02-04-2008 12:50 PM)Matt link Wrote:You may find a lot of people are just signing up to get their usernames. I'm sure some will be back when more info is released or when the game finally comes out!

Yep! Some people just like to reserve their usernames. Like Matt said I'm sure people will come back when we get loads of more info and screenshots and trailers.

Coming Soon...
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Which spawns off another possibility - a lot of people were probably hoping there would be more information and such on here. They didn't realize that we have the same information everyone else has. So either they're reserving usernames, like Matt and Munsta said, or they signed up hoping to get the inside-scoop and failed to find what they were looking for.

Either way, let's hope they stick around Smile

02-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I guess it would be a bit unfair to cancel sb's account for him/ her not posting anything. Maybe they're just shy Big Grin