Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This is strange?
14-04-2008, 05:47 AM
This is strange?
This has been happening for a while now and I am wondering if anyone else has the same problem. Every time my 2 sims have a baby they have 1 niceness. This wasn't a problem at first but every sim in the neighborhood would have kids with 1 niceness. The personality bars would allocate the same exact way every child I don't get that at all. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but the problem would persist. It got to point where I had to place new Sims because everyone became the same and always wanted to see the ghost of someone (Even toddlers wanted to).

Neatness: 6
Outgoing: 10
Active: 8
Playful: 8
Niceness: 1

When I have to 2 sims together they have a child that's fine but when they have another child they would look exactly the same as the first. It would continue to repeat over and over again. I actually had a family with 4 girls that look exactly the same. My only solution was to save and start over until the infants were not the same as the first child. That only worked until the some parents had the same color eyes.

I don't know if there's a solution but I just wanted to if this happened

Never settle for less!
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Re: This is strange?
I'm not sure I'm going to be very helptful, but about the children looking the same - have the parent Sims got a different enough genetic makeup to make siblings with different genetics available? When I had not been playing TS2 long, I used to make my Sims look the same, and therefore the children looked the sme, except once or twice one would have eyebrows higher the other, if that. So yes, if the parent Sims have similar genes, the kids are probably going to be the spitting image of each other. If they don't, I really can't begin to put my finger on why they all look the same, that's really odd!

As for the personality point for Niceness, I'm kind of leaning toward the same explanation because the same thing happened to me. Have the parents got similar personalities? Do you make your Sims with the same personality a lot? Because that would explain that, but obviously this is probably not the case with you, and once again, that's really odd. :-\

Sorry I cannot be much help but I'm sure somebody will reply soon with a much more detailed and elaborate answer as to why this has happened to you. People here are genuis like that. Wink

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
17-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Re: This is strange?
The problem is that none this didn't happened when I was first playing the game. I had 2 Sims: 1 with 0 niceness and the other had 2 and their kids came out completely different. This really started when I added the University expansion. So I guess the problem is in there.

I had just concluded that my game was lazy so it found the set of Personality sts's and just used that.

Never settle for less!