Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wow! great idea!
28-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Re: wow! great idea!
well as the generations change up maybe dejadejavu is right and they will learn to accept people how they are.
but then again fads and such always change so maybe those things wont be as popular in young people anymore?? but you never know..
hopefully we will have a democratic president the worlds more lenient on things like that when theres not a businessman in charge.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Well, Democratic president or not, people are still going to think along the same lines as they did before. So I doubt much will change because of that.

Either way, it's not fair that things such as hair colour, height, weight, etc. can affect which jobs you get. It should be based on education and experience, not how you look.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
03-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I agree and I don't agree. For instance, do the colors you choose for your room/things you put in it matter? Yes, they all set a certain tone. The color of your hair/body mods in general also give people who don't know you a sense of who you are. Now, since not many people have these mods, it says that you're rebelling against society's standards, even though its in a very small way.

So say you want to work in a classy restaurant, your hair/appearance affects the ambience of the business. In present day society, people associate crazy hair colors with silly youngsters, and counterculture, and if a business doesn't want that feel, they won't hire you. What needs to change is people's perceptions, and that will take a while...

Although our generation is more accepting. I walk around in the city and I see way more tattoos on people than I ever did before, and more and more prepsters want them as well.