Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Different Names for Family Members
31-08-2008, 05:09 AM
Different Names for Family Members
In your family, isn't there a aunt, uncle, cousin, etc. that you or anyone else call something besides their real name?  You do it so much that people forget their real name?  And some of the nicks or new pernament names do not even sound like their real names?

In my family, it is a huge problem....

I have a aunt who we call "Aunt Diane"...when my aunts talk to her anywhere and anytime, they say "Diane", but her real name is "Cherie"  I didn't know her real name till I went to work with her and people called her by her real name.

Then I have another aunt who we all call Aunt Niecy and the whole family always refer to her as Niecy, and her real name is Clara.  I didn't learn her real name till I was 12. 

I also have a cousin nicked "Mickey", because she loved Mickey Mouse so much.  Her real name is Michelle.  I didn't know her real name till I was seven.

Then my great grandma, we call her Big Mama.  That is normal for a lot of families, but we are into the habit of it.  One day, my uncle had to pick up medicine for her.  He said to the pharmacist, "I need to pick up a perscription for Big Mama."  He didn't even know her real name, and he had to run to her house to get her real name.  That's his grandma too.

Then my grandpa's nick was Leodis, but his real name is Cleveland.  Everyone referred to him as Leodis, even at his funeral, everything said Leodis, but on his grave, his name was Cleveland.  He had ten kids, and all of them practically forgot his real name.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2008, 05:50 AM
Re: Different Names for Family Members
Aside from swear words replacing the names, I don't think that happens in my families. Then again, I have pretty small families. So I'd have to say that hasn't happened to me.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
31-08-2008, 06:16 AM
Well the only thing similar to that is that my Grandma's real name is Ursula, But she hates it so we call her Rose (or Nana Rose).
And my other Grandma, I only refer to her as 'Meemah'.
Don't ask why lol.

[center]<br />[Image: f_ainsym_e78ed3f.jpg]
[/center]
31-08-2008, 09:55 AM
My parents call me "Zouza," because of something that happened when I was little. I picked up something that belonged to my brother. And my mum said, "That's Giorgio's." So I picked up the ending noise, 'Z' or 'S' and I gave myself that name. I do think my parents remember my name though.
31-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Oooh...This happened to me too.

Everyone refers to my great gran as 'Nan'...but her real name is Anne...I didn't find that out until I was like 11 or something.

And also, my other great gran everyone used to refer to her as "The gran with the big stairs", because she lived in a multi-storey, and she was way up high. I didn't know her real name was Mary until I was like...10.

Coming Soon...
31-08-2008, 12:01 PM
All my family call me Betsy. But I don't like Betsy. I say 'No, call me Beth or something' and they still call me Betsy. >Sad
31-08-2008, 12:02 PM
That sucks...My mum sometimes refers to me as "Mick David" Because my Middle name is David.

But usually everyone refers to me as "Bairn" which is a scottish word for..child really, probably because i'm the youngest.

Coming Soon...
31-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh I forgot. My 'rents call me 'Deeds' sometimes or 'Deedee'. Entirely my older brother's fault. When I was a bebikins and he was a tiddle toddler, he couldn't say my name (India.. Yeah it's a weird name get over it lol) So he called me 'Deeda'
And then, as nicknames usually happen, it just rolled downhill from there haha.

[center]<br />[Image: f_ainsym_e78ed3f.jpg]
[/center]
31-08-2008, 03:26 PM
i call my uncle rich 'uncle goggin' cause he held me when i was a baby and all i said was googggingoggginagoogain XD
31-08-2008, 03:45 PM
well one time my moms step mom sent us gifts at christmas and on mine she put Bard and now everyone call me bard and i hate it lol
and my great grandma we call her Grandam Bee and i dont know her real name XD