Member of the Month
23-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Re: Member of the Month
Well we all have a oppinion but I am not sure now

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2008, 11:01 PM
(23-10-2008 06:00 PM)a }{ m e d link Wrote:[quote author=Unbreakable link=topic=3712.msg139783#msg139783 date=1224779857]
Unfortunately, I don't know it Matt would let this go ahead.

I am kind of against the idea too, it is a good idea, but as stated before, other members might get upset by our decisions etc...
I don't think people are that childish...
[/quote]
i agree.
after all, its only a forum, and only a small constest. i shouldn't effect your life; its for fun! =D

personally, i thinks its a great idea
23-10-2008, 11:26 PM
maybe not members voting though

becasue there are many childr3en here(including myself) and i think it would turn into a popularity contest

maybe only the simsfans team can vote?
24-10-2008, 03:11 AM
That still wouldn't be fair, considering the entire SimsFans team are regulars.
If the mods/admins voted, it would seem like they have favorites.
Some people *are* childish and get upset over things like this.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
24-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Thank you Chanel! You are a regular!!!

I'm not choosing a side on this, but what if there were nominations from the members?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
24-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Lol, you're welcome...?
I'm sorry, but I still object to this. No offense to Majick or anyone, but I fear that people who really wanted to be nominated will get angry because they weren't. :/

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
24-10-2008, 03:40 AM
To be honest, I think it's unfair to not reward someone for doing good just because it may make someone else feel bad. I know it's hard to be completely fair, especially in a situation like this, but still...

I remember in school they refused to give out awards and such to those who did extremely well only because they didn't want the people who didn't do as well to feel bad. Well, by doing such, they gave those who were failing no reason to do better. Heck, why work harder if it doesn't seem like you'll be rewarded? Not only did it lack to inspire some to work harder, it motivated hard workers to not strive so hard to do good as they weren't getting rewarded or acknowledged for all their hard work. In the end, nobody stood out, nobody inspired others...everyone was just run-of-the-mill, unless they refused to follow the crowd.

I think if you deserve something, you should get it. Hopefully it'll inspire others to work harder. If not, then they really have no room to complain. You get what you work for. If they start to moan and groan about not winning, that's their problem, not ours.

That's my opinion, anyhoo. Smile I personally like Majick's idea, although I am aware it may cause a few sparks to fly. But hey, what's life without a little conflict? Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
24-10-2008, 03:45 AM
Nicely put Bambi.

For some reason, I remember that analogy from somewhere else...

Hmm.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
24-10-2008, 11:55 AM
(24-10-2008 03:40 AM)Bambikins link Wrote:To be honest, I think it's unfair to not reward someone for doing good just because it may make someone else feel bad. I know it's hard to be completely fair, especially in a situation like this, but still...

I remember in school they refused to give out awards and such to those who did extremely well only because they didn't want the people who didn't do as well to feel bad. Well, by doing such, they gave those who were failing no reason to do better. Heck, why work harder if it doesn't seem like you'll be rewarded? Not only did it lack to inspire some to work harder, it motivated hard workers to not strive so hard to do good as they weren't getting rewarded or acknowledged for all their hard work. In the end, nobody stood out, nobody inspired others...everyone was just run-of-the-mill, unless they refused to follow the crowd.

I think if you deserve something, you should get it. Hopefully it'll inspire others to work harder. If not, then they really have no room to complain. You get what you work for. If they start to moan and groan about not winning, that's their problem, not ours.

That's my opinion, anyhoo. Smile I personally like Majick's idea, although I am aware it may cause a few sparks to fly. But hey, what's life without a little conflict? Wink
Wow, that was great.. really. Smile
I agree with everything Bambi said.

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
24-10-2008, 09:45 PM
seriously, SF, man-up.

If you don't get rewarded boo-hoo, try harder.
Its just a forum and a small e-reward. No reason to feel left out. Majick, you should turn this into a poll to see the final desicion on who wants it. ;]