Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims installation issues
02-02-2009, 11:20 PM
The Sims installation issues
I'm having trouble installing the original Sims game onto my windows xp system, I've tried disabling the virus protection I have through services.msc as well as disabling them in msconfig but to no avail. The problem is that after I double-click the setup file on the cd drive it acts like it's going to run then nothing, but when I go to restart or shut down the computer the installation runs, just wondering if there are any ways to fix this problem.
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Re: The Sims installation issues
why dont you run the program for compatibility for windows 2000 or 98 for the setup.

Just right click on the setup file click Compatibility and click "Run Compatibility Mode for:"
and press windows 98 or 2000 and click ok. and then double click on the setup file.

if that doesn't work.

Or Put Disk 1 in Smile (Might Help)

or use my old information if those above dont help:
dateline= Wrote:Go to my computer and double click on the icon that says Sims disc. It should run from that

Have you actually installed it? If not, the first thing should get it running if it doesn't start automatically. If it is installed right click on the desktop icon and go to properties. It will bring up a window - click the second tab (compatibility) and select for it to to run in an earlier version of windows. It will only run this program in it and will go to Vista if you minimise or close it. It should work in Vista though

Edit: If going through my computer and clicking the disc icon doesn't work there isn't much you can do.

Do you have more than one disc drive? If so try it in the other. Also check the condition of the disc and see if other discs still work in your disc drive

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Re: The Sims installation issues
I tried running it for win 98 compatibility as well, didn't work. I managed to get it installed though, I just went into the services.msc and msconfig and disabled the virus protection *again* and went to install it and it ran. Perhaps I didn't disable everything I needed to when I did it the first time, thanks for the help nonetheless.