Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: Do you really care if the game is rated M??
Yes, it does!
No, it doesn't!
Meh, I don't care what the rating is
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
POLL: Does it matter if Sims 3 is rated M??
21-03-2008, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2008 01:43 AM by Rena.)
POLL: Does it matter if Sims 3 is rated M??
Ok, here's the thing:

Many people seem to care that the Sims 3 would be rated M. Does it really matter?
I mean, look at it this way: The Sims 2 was rated M [At least where I live], so why does it matter about The Sims 3?
Ok Guys, I really don't mind if it's in the game or not. Everyone just discuss how YOU feel.

People are arguing about Teen Preggers. Why would this make the game M? I have read this:
(21-03-2008 01:21 AM)theenchantedx3 link Wrote:Yeah. They shouldnt make it a M. It's the player's choice to have Teens WooHoo.
(21-03-2008 12:26 AM)jamieee link Wrote:Whats the difference between adult sim woohoo and teen woohoo?
haha why would it be M?
Guys, also think about this: You learn about "Woohoo" in school. Everyone already knows.

I bought the game at the age of 11 and the shop employees didn't seem to mind that an 11 year old was purchasing a M rated game.

What are you thoughts and/or opinions.
Ok guys, I am NOT from the US, so my rules are different from yours. Australia is a completly different place.
[b][right]Rena[/right]
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Re: POLL: Does it matter if Sims 3 is rated M??
Ha, thank you for using my quote. :-P
Yeah, it should remains a Teen-rated game.
If you disagree, then it should be rated a M since the game allows the person to do sexual things with another of the same gender.
Gayness was a big deal before but now people are getting used to it.
Same thing with Teen Pregnancy. Many looked down to Teen Preggers but now they're like, 'Whatever. It's bad but it happens.'
So it should be a T, even with gayness (No offense!) & teen pregnancies.
21-03-2008, 01:33 AM
>_<

Okay, in the US, M rated games aren't supposed to be sold to minors.

you have to be about 17 or 18 to buy them.

Teen pregnancy, or even woohoo, would raise the rating.

Because teens ARE NOT supposed to be doing that (even though many do anyway, parents would not approve of it)

The main thing is it would tarnish the Sims name and tons of simmers wouldn't get it, or wouldn't be ABLE to get it.

Just drop it.

"gayness" is something people can't help and isn't hurting anyone.

Most teens aren't ready for pregnancy, emotionally or physically.

~The Great And Powerful Moz<br /><br />tons of info about The Sims 3.<br />http://www.sims3.com/the_sims_3/check_this_out-t976.0.html
21-03-2008, 01:34 AM
(21-03-2008 01:33 AM)BrokenHeartTheory link Wrote:>_<

Okay, in the US, M rated games aren't supposed to be sold to minors.

you have to be about 17 or 18 to buy them.

Teen pregnancy, or even woohoo, would raise the rating.

Because teens ARE NOT supposed to be doing that (even though many do anyway, parents would not approve of it)

The main thing is it would tarnish the Sims name and tons of simmers wouldn't get it, or wouldn't be ABLE to get it.

Just drop it.

"gayness" is something people can't help and isn't hurting anyone.

Most teens aren't ready for pregnancy, emotionally or physically.

Agreed. And EA/Maxis will go with what sells well. Go with M-rated stuff, and they could lose alot of customers.
21-03-2008, 01:35 AM
M rating is different in aussie, an M rating in america is a restrictive rating, which only people over 18 can purchase it.  (For me it would translate to an R+18 level game)

And it doesn't to me because I'm 18, however when I first purchased Sims games I was like 14 my parents would NEVER have got them for me it they were R ratings, and I think that a higher ratings would put off many people who would buy the game.
I believe teen pregnancy is a players choice, I have it in my game now, but I don't think it should come with the game!
By putting teen pregnancy IN the game your taking away the choice.  When Sims 3 comes out I have no doubt a teen pregnancy mod will come out, which people can download IF they want it in the game,
21-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Hmm, you are right but...

dateline= Wrote:"gayness" is something people can't help and isn't hurting anyone.

Same with teen pregnancies. Sure, it make parents sad but they get over it.
21-03-2008, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2008 01:43 AM by BrokenHeartTheory.)
(21-03-2008 01:36 AM)theenchantedx3 link Wrote:Hmm, you are right but...

Quote:"gayness" is something people can't help and isn't hurting anyone.

Same with teen pregnancies. Sure, it make parents sad but they get over it.

note what I said about teens not being ready for it.

physically, they haven't matured enough.

And it affects that person's life.

It's really hard for them to keep up with their studies, it can be harder to get a job.

It's just not very good for that person.

Not everything is going to be all "Oh, I'm having a baby now, let's buy a house and live happily ever after!"

~The Great And Powerful Moz<br /><br />tons of info about The Sims 3.<br />http://www.sims3.com/the_sims_3/check_this_out-t976.0.html
21-03-2008, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2008 01:42 AM by Chrissie59.)
(21-03-2008 01:29 AM)theenchantedx3 link Wrote:Ha, thank you for using my quote. :-P
Yeah, it should remains a Teen-rated game.
If you disagree, then it should be rated a M since the game allows the person to do sexual things with another of the same gender.
Gayness was a big deal before but now people are getting used to it.
Same thing with Teen Pregnancy. Many looked down to Teen Preggers but now they're like, 'Whatever. It's bad but it happens.'
So it should be a T, even with gayness (No offense!) & teen pregnancies.
I'm all for ambiguity of relations (which means the player can choose the sexual orientation of their sim) I completely disagree with the teen pregnancy idea.  Sexual conduct for minors (which is what teens are in TS2) will increase the rating!  Not to mention teen s3x in america in some places is only legal at 18...  There is no "it shouldn't increase the ratings" because it WILL.

EDIT: just clarifying
21-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Haha, true about the living happily after. Besides being not mature physically & emotionally, what? But you guys are right. Teens shouldnt be having s3x.
21-03-2008, 01:44 AM
I totally agree, but i dont think there is a legal age...
o.0
now Safe teen s3x is one thing...