Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MSN Spam/Virus Alert!
18-05-2009, 03:52 AM
MSN Spam/Virus Alert!
This is being Copy/Pasted directly from another forum.  There was a thread about this, and one of the Mods has sent a PM to all members as well, so I thought I'd share this, especially since one of our own is mentioned in it.

MSN SPAM/VIRUS WARNING!

There is an MSN spamming thing going around asking if you want to join an IM dating thing.  It offers for you to sign in or to avoid further messages by changing your password by clicking on a link. Actually it can access your password either way. It can't hurt you if you close it and do nothing. Those who enter their PW give it access to their buddy list and the ability to send msn messages posing in their identities.  Then it spreads by sending out the same message to everyone on their lists posing as them.  Nice, right?

So far, I've gotten them from DBC members Rachel72 and B-rad ("God of Rare").  Just close it and enter NO info anywhere and it shouldn't be able to access your buddy list.  Brad and Rachel - you both need to change your passwords via the MSN Live site immediately, as well as anyone else who may have been scammed.  Also, warn people on your msn buddy lists NOT to click or give info away if they receive this message from you.  I don't know if it contains further virus issues as I'm on a Mac, and it seems to be targeting PC-based systems.  I would suggest doing a full virus check if you receive one of these (just in case).

Remember, to avoid these virus/spam programs, always check the origin and by never giving out password information anywhere that is not directly linked by you specifically putting the legit address in your browser bar.  This particular site blatantly states it is in no way affiliated with MSN or Microsoft, yet it asks for your msn password.  NEVER give away your password.  It then offers an exit from further messages by clicking a link on that site to change your msn password.  Either way - you've given away your info and given full access to your msn account.

- Marley

Keep your eyes open and be sure to ignore it and do not, under any circumstances, enter your password!  If you believe you've already been tricked, CHANGE your PW right away!!!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Re: MSN Spam/Virus Alert!
Kayy thanks ^^
I think Adam got hacked. He keeps sending me these odd sites. O___O;;
Idk though for sure.

18-05-2009, 03:58 AM
It is very possible.  o__o  Yikes.

18-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Two of the people on my list have fallen victim to this, Brad included. Thanks for this as I was investigating this for a while now.

And yes, Adam is also affected.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
18-05-2009, 04:37 AM
Ah. I thought something was wrong
I didn't notice that Brad got infected {sweat}

18-05-2009, 07:49 PM
I just got the invite from "Brad" just now.

I'll show you what it looks like So that you guys can avoid it when it comes up.

The Message
[Image: MSNSpam.jpg]

The Site
[Image: MSNSPam2.jpg]

Just close the page out, do not do anything.  As you can see, I thought Brad was actually on.
It wasn't until I went to the site that I realized what it was.

18-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I got the "HAHAHA" one 3 times at the same time :O

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
18-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Jen got tricked? Tongue

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
18-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I think Brad is an hour ahead of me, and I thought maybe he was home from school already.  Besides, this gives you an idea of what to look for now ;p  So it wasn't a bad thing, really.

18-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Dear me...I used to have a virus 3 or 4 years ago...It sent stupid messages everytime you signed on, to like a random person. Get your Free MSN Names at somewhere, or something..XD

Coming Soon...