Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hey fellow Simmers!
13-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey fellow Simmers!
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie. Not to the Sims, but to this site. Anyway, my name's Jessica and I'm in Pennsylvania. I'm 21-years old, been married to Martin since Feb 2008, and have just recently enrolled in online courses for Early Childhood Education. My aspiration is to eventually open my own child care center. But I'll be happy with my own in-home pre-school. Kids are my life Big Grin. Classical music/musicals/opera are also a huge part of my life. I was a soprano in my high school choir from 9th grade to 12th. I played Rapunzel in my HS production of "Into the Woods." Hubby & I don't have kids yet, but I have alot of younger cousins and I've been teaching Sunday School since I was 16. Martin is Jewish and I'm Methodist, so that makes life interesting.  I'm pretty friendly and easy-going, a pretty hardcore geek & gamer Big Grin. I EXTREMELY family-oriented, if you couldn't tell already Tongue.

[move]Anyways, onto the Sims {woot}! [/move] I just bought the Collector's Edition last night. It is AH-MAZING  {clap}!!!!  It's pretty different and surreal to me so far. I didn't even have to remove TS2, and it works exceptionally {lol}! I really enjoy how specific you can CAS. But it seemed like it took forever to get my Sims the way I wanted them. What I really like in here is the new buy/build mode. I was super-psyched to be able to customize everything! I'm sure I'm not the only one who was annoyed at the monotonous coordinating was in TS2- especially if you didn't really have any CC! I'm enjoying the neighborhood, too. Although we're not able to see Sims work or anything (yet... I think it'll happen), it's still cool to watch them do from place to place. It's GREAT that you don't have as many loading screens! My two main complaints are: 1) the controls! THEY SUCK!!! and 2) the variety (or lack thereof) of the clothes for the Sims. They suck too Lol  Smile.

People give me so much crap for being so enamored with the Sims. "It's not a real game," or "You have no life," or my Grandmother's favorites either a) "You're playing God!" and b) "You're worshipping this game, and you're breaking the First Commandment that way!". First of all, her argumant is void because she bought me the Sims 1 and all those expansion packs Lol {yes}. Secondly, I'm not praying to the Great Plumbob Bearer in the sky or to Will Wright, so I'm not worshipping. It just HAPPENS to be what I do for fun and to relax. I specifically love how creative you can be with the game. Between making the Sims & crafting their shelter, I'm almost never bored! My husband SWEARS I should go into architecture because of some of the things I've done with the buildings! Well I'll shut up now  Tongue.

Thanks for listening to my jabbering, fellow Simmers  Big Grin!

Happy Simming,
dorkyjsim (Jessica)

Twas the night before the Sims 3 release<br />And all over the boards<br />Fans posted with excitement<br />And checked their pre-orders… just to be sure.<br /><br />Computers were cleaned<br />Old games uninstalled<br />While visions of Create A Sim<br />Has everyone enthralled<br /><br />The day has finally arrived<br />As we all start to sob<br />Tears of joy <br />For an old and familiar Plumbob<br /><br />I waved to the UPS truck<br />As it pulled out of site<br />I grabbed a big gulp and some hotpockets<br />And plan to stay up all night!
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Re: Hey fellow Simmers!
(13-06-2009 03:48 PM)dorkyjsim link Wrote:Classical music/musicals/opera are also a huge part of my life.
You and Jeremiah will get along great together Big Grin

Anyways, Hey Jessica! Welcome to SimsForums! I'm Ahmed, hope you have a great time with us. and, post alot! :]

-Ahmed

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
13-06-2009, 04:45 PM
XD
LOL.

Oh and don't forget Bambi! She loves musicals as well ^-^
Hai Jessica :3
My name ish [removed] or Sommie if you prefer. Welcome & thanks for joining,post alot :]

13-06-2009, 04:48 PM
(13-06-2009 03:48 PM)dorkyjsim link Wrote:Classical music/musicals/opera are also a huge part of my life.
Me too {lurv}

Anyway, hello Jessica and welcome to the forums! Wink If you haven't already, I suggest you read the Rules & Guidelines of the site to familiarize yourself with how things run around here! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM anyone of our mods (Bambi, Bat, and Mike), our administrator Matt, or anyone of our wonderful members!

Also, try checking out our sister sites:

The Sims Times- Your source for the latest Sims news!
SimsFans.com- The Sims Community
SimsVids.com- The best Sims videos on the web!
SimsDirectory.com- The best Sims sites together in one place, right here.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay! We are glad to have you. Smile

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
13-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Aww, thanks guys  {smilepile}! Hey Jeremiah- haven't you got poet or something like that  Wink? BTW, what's with the Bambi thing?

Twas the night before the Sims 3 release<br />And all over the boards<br />Fans posted with excitement<br />And checked their pre-orders… just to be sure.<br /><br />Computers were cleaned<br />Old games uninstalled<br />While visions of Create A Sim<br />Has everyone enthralled<br /><br />The day has finally arrived<br />As we all start to sob<br />Tears of joy <br />For an old and familiar Plumbob<br /><br />I waved to the UPS truck<br />As it pulled out of site<br />I grabbed a big gulp and some hotpockets<br />And plan to stay up all night!
13-06-2009, 05:41 PM
(13-06-2009 05:37 PM)dorkyjsim link Wrote:Hey Jeremiah- haven't you got poet or something like that  Wink?

I don't know what you mean. {ohmy}

(13-06-2009 05:37 PM)dorkyjsim link Wrote:BTW, what's with the Bambi thing?

Bambi is the name of one of our moderators here (Yes, it is her honest-to-God name!). It's kind of like an inside joke. Basically whenever something goes wrong on the forums, we blame her. XD

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
13-06-2009, 05:41 PM
XD
Bambi is the cause of everything. LIKE TALKING SQUIRRELS Big GrinD

13-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh sorry Jeremiah Lol  Smile- It's in the song where Mrs. Lovett suggests using something else other than pussycats in their "meat pies."

And LOL at sommie  Smile Like Foamy?

13-06-2009, 05:53 PM
O_O
Wait. Isn't Foamy the name of a squirrel? XD
LOL. I'll ask Bambi later on :3

13-06-2009, 06:02 PM
(13-06-2009 05:52 PM)dorkyjsim link Wrote:Oh sorry Jeremiah Lol  Smile- It's in the song where Mrs. Lovett suggests using something else other than pussycats in their "meat pies."

Oh yes, of course! XD Sorry, I didn't read it as a lyric! Tongue

[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]