Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Expansion: Do-It-Yourself
03-07-2009, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2009 02:59 AM by Plupp.)
Expansion: Do-It-Yourself
I would really like to see an expansion pack where Sims can improve their houses themselves - or hire workers to do it.

The Build Mode would offer the choice between two options - Instant Build (which would function as regular build mode) or Plan. Walls, staircases, windows and other stuff built in the Plan mode would be visible as blueprints - blue and transparent.

A household Sim - or a hired NPC Sim - would work at the planned structures until they are finished. The total cost for planning, and having a hired NPC constructing, would then slightly less than the cost of instant building. If the household Sims do the job themselves, they would save even more money, but lose time. (A family of really handy Sims would however be able to improve a house, improve it and sell it for a good profit.)

Building walls, staircases etc would practice Handiness. Creating floor and wall covering would practice Painting, and creating plants would practice Gardening.

Other features that would fit well into this expansion pack:
* Architecture career
* Pottery and Sewing
* Carpenter's bench for making furniture
* Laundry
* Protective clothing (used for construction, workbenches and gardening)

What do you think?
04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Re: Expansion: Do-It-Yourself
i think its a good idea

but it would have to take some thought for me, if i wanted to buy it

but it is a good idea

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
25-10-2009, 03:22 AM
I would really love to be able to change the colour of my fences, and also change the colour of the glass on doors and glass fences etc Smile

[Image: love-that-bass_siggi.jpg]
04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
This is a great idea!

I just thought of something funny;
You know how the NPC's are sometimes bad and do a bad job?
Well what if the hired NPC did a bad job on the staircase and then
one night when a sim was going up they fell through the board! XD
08-02-2010, 11:02 AM
A Sim falling through the staircase, that would be funny to watch, then they would have to be run to Hospital and depending on how serious the fall was, the Sim would have to stay on bed rest for a certain amount of time and needed to be waited on by either another member of the house or an NPC Home Nurse or something. And if they broke a leg they would need crutches, and if your Sim was walking down the street with crutches, Mean Spirited or Evil Sims can steal the crutches or something, (wow, that's evil) and what if as Sims get to the late stages of being an Elder, they need a walking cane? Good idea?!
13-08-2010, 12:02 AM
When I first started playing sims I thought thats how it really worked. How wrong I was...

Interesting idea, though Smile
13-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Please do not reply to threads that have not been active in over 120 days. The last post was Feb. 8th, well over 120 days.  Locking this thread to prevent further posting in it.

PLEASE NOT - If you hit reply to a thread, and it says "has not been posted in over 120 days" in red text like that DO NOT REPLY TO THAT THREAD.  Start a new thread with your topic in this case.

Thanks!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Thread Closed