Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few questions about Sims Life Stories
29-07-2009, 08:57 AM
A few questions about Sims Life Stories
Hi everyone. I've been playing The Sims Life Stories for a while now, and learnt quite a bit myself & reading here, but I'm still confused about a few things. I thought it better to ask all my questions in one go, than asking all over the place. I hope this is fine.

1) If sims pass away from age, and there is no-one left in the house, and then I bulldoze the house, does that stop any urn or tombstones? I had my husband & wife pass away and I didn't see any urn or tombstones, but have bulldozed the house now. My new family will be similar, as my kids are going to be adults soon (had twins, that kept me busy  ??? ), but I'll move them out so they don't age before getting married & having their own kids. The two elders will be on their own, I estimate anyway, so when they pass away, how do I ensure I do get the urns or tombstones?

2) Re getting the platinum for life. My sims have always managed to get enough aspiration rewards & will get to their chosen career level, but sometimes I don't have enough influence before they get to the top promotion, so it seems even if they get the influence later, they don't reach lifetime platinum. Do they need the 10,000 influence before getting the last promotion or achievement (say marry off 2 kids) to get a lifetime platinum? And how important is it they get to this point of the lifetime platinum?

3) Can I download other sims from the internet? I don't like many of the male hairstyles, and faces, so I'd like to vary it a little as they are all starting to look similar and I get confused who is who when having parties etc. I seem to have enough female hairstyles to vary it, but even some different female sims would be nice. I see people do download them, but I'm not sure if that's just for The Sims 2, and they won't work for my Life Stories game. I looked at EA, but they only offered a little pack with a drum kit etc, which I downloaded, but no different sims, clothes or hairstyles.

That's the main questions I have now, but I'll probably have more.  {blush}

It's a big game, but I love it. Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Re: A few questions about Sims Life Stories
1) If I understand correctly, if you bulldoze a lot, it'll completely destroy it so the urns/tombstones won't be there. To get the urns/tombstones, don't bulldoze the lot and move in. Or you probably could go in and edit the lot, but since its the stories series, I'm unsure

2) Seeing as I don't have the game, do they have Lifetime Wishes? If so, that's how you get lifetime platnium. If not, I don't think there's a way to get perma-plat, but I could be wrong.

3) The CC is only for TS2, I don't think you can add any to the story series. But again, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am xD

Hope I helped!

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
04-08-2009, 01:41 AM
I have that game! Custom content actually works on it, just make sure that it's sims 2 base game only.

Phoebe: Lifetime wishes are in the game. The only thing that's not in the game that's in TS2 is fears, being able to have snapshots, being able to make videos, and high chairs. (Though I don't know why they took that out >.>)

[Image: 29133088.jpg]
<br /><br />Yeah, the friends that stuck together. We wrote our names in blood.
04-08-2009, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2009 08:44 AM by lems.)
Thank you both for your replies. It helps me out a lot.

My parents who had twins passed away, and they've seen a ghost. I saw the tombstone & urn get left on the lot and moved them to a more suitable place. But the daughter got married to another sim and moved out. I put her Dads urn in her inventory, and she put it in her new house. I haven't seen him come out as a ghost at her new house yet, but I've mainly been playing the original lot.

And yes, it is a Lifetime wish/want, because the son got to the head of the criminal career and I made sure I had 10,000 influence before he reached the goal, so now he has the plantium mood for life. I'm happy I got one of my sims happy.  Big Grin

I'm really excited about the custom content. Sorry to be so newbie on you all, but is there a special place to get it? The EA site, or is it from people who made their own custom content up?

Thanks again everyone.  {yes}

Oh and I think that I did destroy the remains of my first two sims by bulldozing the lot, so I won't do that again! I just hope you can move their urns or tombstones to another lot, because I'm still not very good at building the houses and may want to bulldoze again in the future.
05-08-2009, 02:49 AM
Modthesims.info is the best site for custom content in my opinion.

05-08-2009, 07:05 AM
(04-08-2009 01:41 AM)Ryan (Yoshman, duh!) link Wrote:I have that game! Custom content actually works on it, just make sure that it's sims 2 base game only.

Phoebe: Lifetime wishes are in the game. The only thing that's not in the game that's in TS2 is fears, being able to have snapshots, being able to make videos, and high chairs. (Though I don't know why they took that out >.>)

Oh, okay ^_^ Thanks for the input then.

Glad we could help you!

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the link.

In the meantime, I'd found this site, and tried to download a base game sims 2 male sim, but it didn't work.  ???

http://www.thesimsresource.com/

It said to choose a program to open the package with, so I chose (can't quite remember as I did it a few days ago now), games installer sims 2 ...... but it come up and said I didn't have the right do das for it. I'm confused.  Big Grin

I'll keep reading up on custom content as it sounds a bit harder than I thought. I tried to download Chris Brown, even though comments were bad cuz of what he did, but he didn't really look like him that much and I was going to change his name to something else (if you can).

But it seems I accidentally killed a vistor sim.  {no} He starved to death on their floor while he was visiting. Whoops.
13-08-2009, 02:43 AM
I googled this tutorial. -----> http://www.thesimsresource.com/helpcenter/sims2guide/

Hope it helps!

14-08-2009, 08:49 AM
(13-08-2009 02:43 AM)Ryan (Yoshman, duh!) link Wrote:I googled this tutorial. -----> http://www.thesimsresource.com/helpcenter/sims2guide/

Hope it helps!

Thanks Ryan. I had read up a little on that, but not fully because it eats into sim playing time.  {yes}

But I just read it a little further. I did follow everything (downloads folder is correct etc), so I think either I need to read more into mesh, or the games installer I used won't work unless it's EA custom content. I did download some from their site, like a drum kit, DJ stand and it worked. So something is either wrong, or maybe I picked a sim that won't work with life stories. I'll keep trying thanks.  Smile
14-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Make sure the sim you download doesn't need any eps or stuff packs

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P