Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Members
14-10-2009, 11:30 AM
New Members
I really think SF should have a welcome pop up message which provides information for new members on what they should do before posting in any of the boards, for example, introducing themselves.

It should also say who are the Admin and Moderators and how they can contact you. Maybe it should have one of those letter generators too, so bots can't get pass so easily. Sorry if this is too hard to do it's just that most new members get lost easily when they first join.

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Re: New Members
I completely agree!!
14-10-2009, 12:39 PM
If you're referring to that Dick person ... that was a Spam bot, not an actual member.  I clicked the link and it was an advertisement site.

As for other new members, when they get lost they tend to be easily redirected and don't flood the forums enough for us to need to take such drastic measures as you're asking.

Although, I agree about the whole letter generators.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
14-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I think that she means like a video, and shows them how to do thing right away.  I think that would be easiest.

And the only things about bots was the letter generator.  The rest is for regular old members Tongue
I THINK
14-10-2009, 12:45 PM
(14-10-2009 12:39 PM)MAJIÇK ♥ link Wrote:If you're referring to that Dick person ... that was a Spam bot, not an actual member.  I clicked the link and it was an advertisement site.

It wasn't mainly directed towards him but he was the 'inspiration' for the idea. XD

I just thought it would be helpful but if they aren't flooding the forums then that's fine.

[/center]
14-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Sorry for the double post.

(14-10-2009 12:44 PM)The Awesome One. link Wrote:I think that she means like a video, and shows them how to do thing right away.  I think that would be easiest.

And the only things about bots was the letter generator.  The rest is for regular old members Tongue
I THINK

she?  XD

Yes that is what I meant in regards to the letter generator. As for the video, not quite but maybe just an explanation.

[/center]
14-10-2009, 08:24 PM
We don't seem to get active new members anymore anyway... Sad
But I like the idea. Smile Only thing that troubles me is that it may be off-putting to some, while welcoming for others. I've never been the one for reading the rules or welcome message etc... I just get straight into posting. Tongue

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
14-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I can never get past the letter generators!

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
16-10-2009, 03:25 AM
(14-10-2009 12:49 PM)ѕαм ℓιѕн link Wrote:Sorry for the double post.

[quote author=The Awesome One. link=topic=7454.msg276287#msg276287 date=1255520644]
I think that she means like a video, and shows them how to do thing right away.  I think that would be easiest.

I THINK

she?  XD

Yes that is what I meant in regards to the letter generator. As for the video, not quite but maybe just an explanation.
[/quote]
Oh jeeze, sorry!    I tohught Sam= Samantha  and the ish or lish used to be part of Alisha's name XD
16-10-2009, 01:37 PM
(14-10-2009 11:30 AM)ѕαм ℓιѕн link Wrote:I really think SF should have a welcome pop up message which provides information for new members on what they should do before posting in any of the boards, for example, introducing themselves.

It should also say who are the Admin and Moderators and how they can contact you. Maybe it should have one of those letter generators too, so bots can't get pass so easily. Sorry if this is too hard to do it's just that most new members get lost easily when they first join.
I completely agree

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008