Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do you keep playing TS2?
23-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Why do you keep playing TS2?
Pretty straightforward question: Why do you keep playing Sims 2 when there's 3?

I'd have to say I just didn't find it as entertaining as Sims 2 as it is right now. At first I thought they'd fix it with further expansion packs as they always have, but now it looks like they're going for the more profitable (for EA) but more painful micro transaction system. I also had a strong reaction to the backhanded way they handle several households in the same neighborhood. On TS2 I have a custom nb with about 20 households, most all of them with an individual IRL handler. Didn't really work out in Sims 3.
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Re: Why do you keep playing TS2?
I don't own TS3, and my old comp could never support TS2 expansions, so now I have a laptop I can play them so I intend to Smile

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
23-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Well, the difference between TS2 and TS3 is huge, so there HAS to be people that prefer TS2. I for one like TS2 more because Maxis was there to make it (besides the last three expansions) and they DIDN'T mess things up. For TS3, EA hired a really crappy game designing company to make the game, and they aren't cut out to make a Sims game, only Maxis is.

[Image: 29133088.jpg]
<br /><br />Yeah, the friends that stuck together. We wrote our names in blood.
24-11-2009, 05:28 AM
...because its the sims 2?

Really, they are completely different. While 3 cycles things from 2, it is NOT the same. I enjoy some features that same with TS2 and I love features that came from TS3. The jump between the two games are so huge that it's almost like a completely different game and not based off the same thing.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
29-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Because Sims 2 is a different game with much more to do with all the expansions, and because I can make sims there I can't in Sims 3. =)
18-12-2009, 02:03 AM
For one, it's easier to find decent (free) CC for TS2. Custom content is scarce for TS3. Because of this, it is also easier to make machinima with The Sims 2. Those are the main reasons why I decided to install TS2 again a few weeks ago.

[center]I sparkle liek Edwort Collin lololololo123abc (insider with Anna =D)
22-12-2009, 07:34 AM
I like playing 2 because Maxis made it. Like they never screwed up like EA does.
22-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Currently I'm not actually playing TS2 anymore because our computers suck and can't handle it >__>

BUT!  I am just not all that impressed with TS3, and there is still a lot for me to do with TS2 that I haven't done yet.  So I'll keep playing TS2 until my disks break or something xD

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
28-12-2009, 09:06 PM
My computer can't handle 3, so I'm happy with 2. Smile

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
03-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Bah Sims 3 looks all shiny and new, but Sims 2 is waay more fun for meeee. My sister loves how ts3 is all realistic and how she confuses her twins in game, unlike ts2 where identical twins weren't as pronounced.. I love me some magic n impossible stuff happening in real life settings so ts2 is perfect. :3 Like others have said, the CC's also wayyy better.

If ts3 gets some magic, I may consider migrating on over but I kinda doubt it. I don't even find the graphics in ts3 to be as huge of a step up from ts2 as they were supposed to be. ._.;