Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help! Trouble after installing expansion packs?
26-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Please help! Trouble after installing expansion packs?
I hope there's someone out here who can help me. Sad Here's what happened:

So I decided to play good old The Sims again recently. I installed The Sims Deluxe Edition and it worked fine. Then I installed the only expansion pack I had, Makin' Magic, which worked fine as well.

When I wanted to play the game again on another day, it told me something like: "We noticed you've installed an expansion pack, so we will have to update The Sims now before you can continue playing." I never got that on my old computer, but okay. So it was preparing the installation setup and then asked me if I wanted to uninstall Makin' Magic. I clicked "No", and then it just stopped. I had to click "Yes" or I couldn't play at all.
So I uninstalled Makin' Magic and tried again, but it apeared that The Sims Deluxe was gone too! (There were still files left of it, though.)

I removed those files and reinstalled Deluxe. It worked again, but I decided not to install Makin' Magic because I wanted to buy some other expansion packs that were on sale and I read something about having to install expansion packs in the chronological order.

So I bought three other ones (Vacation, Unleashed, Superstar) and installed Vacation. It worked and updated again, but didn't crash or anything like I experienced before. Then I installed Unleashed, which worked the first time I played it directly after installing.
The second time... It told me again it needed to update and asked me if I wanted to uninstall. Sad

So I'm stuck now, I backed up my neighbourhoods and stuff, so I could reinstall the whole thing again, but it'll probably happen again and again, so that's really annoying and just not right.

Does anyone know how I could fix this, or if I'm doing something wrong?

(My operating system is Windows Vista btw, if that could make any difference.)
Quote this message in a reply