Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 2 "wants"??
29-07-2010, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2010 07:31 PM by pinkwave.)
Sims 2 "wants"??
Hi guys  Smile How can I buy a game for my Sim for $3,000 or $5,500 when I can't find any? I have a Sim with a "fortune aspiration" and in his "wants" it says that's what he "wants" {wacko}. I can't find any to buy?? I have Sims2 Double Deluxe with "Nightlife" and "Celebration Stuff", but I can't find any expensive games? What am I missing here?  {unsure}

Oh, and one more thing while I'm here...I notice when I click on a book from the bookshelf and not just on the bookshelf, it says I can study "Fire Safety", "Lifelong Happpiness" "Anger Management" etc. How do I know when I've studied enough? Only the "Parenting" said something like..."now I know what babies want or are thinking?" (something like that?) I had my Sim study these yesterday and after a bit they disappeared from the promps, so I assumed I was done. Today when I started my game they're there again, except for the parenting one. I'm confused as usual.  {blush}

Thanks in advance, once again  {rolleyes}

Ummmm...now that I'm here...I accidently prompted my male Sim to flirt with his live-in girlfriend's brother!  {blink} Now all my male Sim's "wants" seem to be centered around her brother and there is a red heart under his pic. How do I fix this?  {unsure}
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Re: Sims 2 "wants"??
I haven't played the Sims 2 for a while but here is my guess:
For the games, look for an expensive electronic one (like a pin ball machine)

The skills I have no idea.

For the relationships, be mean to the brother until the heart goes away or just cheat to pull the relationship down.

Hope this helps. Smile

Hi People!Smile I'm still here, I just don't post.
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks Tom  Smile I've looked at the pin ball machines. They're not that expensive. I even tried buying a piano...nope. It must be for one of the other expansions that I don't have installed?
I think the same goes for the skills except for the parenting one, because I just studied it once and it never showed up again.

I solved the problem with the brother. I had the sister marry her boyfriend and the heart disappeared. I'm not really thrilled that all my Sims have the same last name. I thought if the male Sim proposed, she would take on his last name, but I'm assuming because HE moved in with HER, it doesn't work that way. I have 4 houses with the same last name. Oh well, next time I'll have the male Sim move to his own home first and propose to the female Sim. Although the male Sim was an "in" game character. hmmm I think I can do that? Not sure?  {unsure}   
03-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Your welcome.
Big Grin

Hi People!Smile I'm still here, I just don't post.
21-10-2010, 01:33 AM
RE: Sims 2 "wants"??
All the new 'skills' will disappear when you finish studying them. Parenting, Fire Safety, etc. are a single point, one time study. There will be a pop up with your Sim saying something about the area they studied. And they will also automatically put the book away when they're done, unlike the other skills.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie