Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BIG Problems!
07-09-2010, 08:57 PM
BIG Problems!
Unless you have trouble with your vision, you will no doubt have noticed that something has crawled into the design of these forums and died, or in other words we've some issues that we've not been able to resolve.

Until Mr Admin comes back from his holiday and sprinkles some of his magic PHP genius over the forums, I'm afraid it has to run in 'fugly mode'.

Sorry about that... {unsure}

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Re: BIG Problems!
I normally run in "fugly mode" Tongue If you mean the default layout

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
08-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Re: BIG Problems!
this is....strange! {unsure}

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

17-09-2010, 10:24 PM
RE: BIG Problems!
Right, as you've probably noticed there have been some BIG changes!

First up we've moved servers to a new, super fast network. If you've been browsing the forums I'm sure you would have noticed that loading times are much faster than they used to be. That is a good thing!

Secondly, and clearly the biggest change, is that we've moved from the Simple Machines Forums software to myBB. This decision was taken as SMF just was causing us too many issues. It's not to say SMF was a bad forum solution, because it's great software, but the problem was that we had added too much, and not necessarily added it correctly, for which I take full responsibilty for, sorry about that!
Anyway, to stop rambling, we've moved to a clean myBB install, which has less features at the moment, but it's structurally superior. It's cleaner, easier to use, faster and more reliable.

Thirdly, we're now Simsforums.com! Don't worry, our .net domain will still work, just pointing you here, but we thought the .com more suited our new look and faster site.

So, let me know what you think. Please report any bugs or issues to me and I'll take a look.

Thanks all
Matt

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...