Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't play sims unleashed expansion?
06-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Can't play sims unleashed expansion?
so i install the original sims, then i install the hot date expansion pack, then i install the unleased expansion pack. Now every time i open the sims i get this update message saying something like this: The updater has found that you have installed another expansion after this, so this installer will have to fix that. Every time i click ok, it asks me to uninstall unleashed. I did it the first time and it uninstalled my whole sims collection, so i had to install the sims again. My question why am i getting this message when i didn't install any other expansion pack after sims unleashed?
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2011, 02:33 AM
RE: Can't play sims unleashed expansion?
I ran into this problem, too. If your using windows 7, then what you need to do is go to the C: drive, go to program files (the folder with the x86 next to it), go to Maxis folder, then the Sims folder, go to the Sims.exe and right click and go to Properties. Click the compatibility tab at the top of the window that pops up and set the Sims to run in compatibility mode with Windows XP service pack 2 (with the box checked). Apply and it should run a bit smoother.
Quote this message in a reply