and be less hard to look at?
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Re: More realistic aging?
I loooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeee the way that aging system goes
23-03-2008, 04:55 PM
i want seamless aging, and i heard it's in the game, but i'm not sure...
???
i dunno, though...

Tick tock. Tick tock.<br />Only so long before my head explodes in anticipation of TS3. Big Grin
23-03-2008, 11:42 PM
(23-03-2008 04:21 PM)Cassie link Wrote:Lol good predictions! Maybe you should be a game designer? If I ever had the option, I sure would!  ;D

But yes, I totally understand what you're saying, and I agree it would be very hard to pull gradual aging off. However, I did read that Adults will gradually gain wrinkles and gradually become Elders. So that got it into my head that if it is possible for the Adult to Elder transition, why not other age groups. I would be a little dissapointed if the game did not have gradual aging, however if it had a process like you designed for aging, I wouldn't mind at all to be honest. As long as there's some fresh new age groups that make aging more realistic, then I'm happy!

It's easier with the Adult --> Elder transition, because they would be about the same hight and have the same interactions. There comes the problem with Baby --> Teen. It would have to involve a lot of growing, extreme changes in facial features, etc. A lot of data right there, and it would probably really slow the game down. So if you heard that there will be seamless aging from adult to elder, I totally believe that, but it would be extremely hard to pull off in the younger life-stages, like I said.
23-03-2008, 11:46 PM
(23-03-2008 04:33 PM)Sims3Fan92 link Wrote:That's a good aging system. Here's a Hooray! for you Smile
Your system adds up to 90 days. That's not much longer than the system in TS2 is it?

In The Sims 2, sims turn elder at 54 days. That is if you're not counting Young Adults, and if they have birthday parties for every life stage, or grow the sims up when you get the "grow up" option. Without birthday parties or aging when it says "grow up", we're at about 60 days. So my system would give them around 20 more days before they turn Elder.
24-03-2008, 12:25 AM
(23-03-2008 03:06 PM)MaiaMadness link Wrote:Does anyone know if the game will have the same aging system as The Sims 2? I always thought it was a little narrow. Weird for kids to go straight to teens who can drive cars. Very strange for kids who can barely walk to be school-ready overnight. I always though it would be good to have:

Baby --> Toddler --> Young child (3-5) --> Older child (6-9) --> Preteen (10-12) --> Young Teen (13-15) --> Older Teen (16-19) --> Young Adult (20-25) --> Adult (25-40) --> Mature Adult (40-55) --> Elder (55+)

The numbers inside the paranthesis refer to the age in "human years". Each life-stage would also be a little longer and more proportionally correct. It doesn't make sense for 16+ teens to have twice as much time as 6+ children. I set up a chart that went something like this:

Baby: 3 days
Toddler: 4 days
Young Child: 4 days
Older Child: 6 days
Preteen: 5 days
Young Teen: 5 days
Older Teen: 8 days (because everyone thinks teens are more fun to play)
Young Adult: Time it takes to graduate college, or about 10 days (I was a bit fuzzy here, but I always thought sims who didn't want to go to college should get to be Young Adults anyway)
Adult: 25 days
Mature Adult: 20 days (because it doesn't need to be 100% realistic)

This system adds up pretty well, with amount of years in proportion to amount of days, how long it takes to raise a kid, etc.

So, what are people's opinions of this? How do you think aging will work? Does anyone know anything about it?

i thought it was gonna b seamless aging though. if so, can u create adults and such ON CAS?
24-03-2008, 09:32 AM
(24-03-2008 12:25 AM)larue1123 link Wrote:[quote author=MaiaMadness link=topic=947.msg18350#msg18350 date=1206281172]
Does anyone know if the game will have the same aging system as The Sims 2? I always thought it was a little narrow. Weird for kids to go straight to teens who can drive cars. Very strange for kids who can barely walk to be school-ready overnight. I always though it would be good to have:

Baby --> Toddler --> Young child (3-5) --> Older child (6-9) --> Preteen (10-12) --> Young Teen (13-15) --> Older Teen (16-19) --> Young Adult (20-25) --> Adult (25-40) --> Mature Adult (40-55) --> Elder (55+)

The numbers inside the paranthesis refer to the age in "human years". Each life-stage would also be a little longer and more proportionally correct. It doesn't make sense for 16+ teens to have twice as much time as 6+ children. I set up a chart that went something like this:

Young Adult: Time it takes to graduate college, or about 10 days (I was a bit fuzzy here, but I always thought sims who didn't want to go to college should get to be Young Adults anyway)

This system adds up pretty well, with amount of years in proportion to amount of days, how long it takes to raise a kid, etc.

So, what are people's opinions of this? How do you think aging will work? Does anyone know anything about it?

i thought it was gonna b seamless aging though. if so, can u create adults and such ON CAS?
[/quote]

I haven't found ANY official information on this, so I think it might just be wishful thinking.

If there IS seamless aging, I still think there would be some life-stages to choose from in CAS, and some birthdays between them in game.
24-03-2008, 11:03 AM
(23-03-2008 04:38 PM)simsfreak287 link Wrote:Does everyone hate elders?
maybe they should have more actions
better clothes
and be less hard to look at?

I dont hate the elders as I think they are good helpers with the babies and toddlers Wink
My parents isnt that tired with the grandparents living in the house.
26-03-2008, 06:04 PM
(23-03-2008 03:06 PM)MaiaMadness link Wrote:Does anyone know if the game will have the same aging system as The Sims 2? I always thought it was a little narrow. Weird for kids to go straight to teens who can drive cars. Very strange for kids who can barely walk to be school-ready overnight. I always though it would be good to have:

I love you idea but I would just like the days to be longer. Big Grin
26-03-2008, 09:37 PM
i vote                             
infant ---> baby ---> toddler ---> pretween--->tween--->preteen--->teen--->young adult--->
adult--->middle-aged---> elder--->matron/patron--->