Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vista? Good or bad?
17-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Vista? Good or bad?
How many of you like Vista? Have you had anything bad happen with it? I don't have it, but I am thinking about it. Your opinions are appreciated!! Smile

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Re: Vista? Good or bad?
Oh my...I really hate Vista, it is sooo bugged on my laptop that sometimes I feel like throwing it out the window! Luckily I have XP on my PC though. It's bugged in the way that it just randomly shuts down programs when i'm using them and the taskbar just seems to lock and then disappear, so i'm left with no desktop at all  :-\

Coming Soon...
17-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I have Vista on my desktop PC and after taking the time to set it all up, turning off thousands of needless security settings, it's running ok! There are a few nice touches but if you don't need to upgrade (to get DX10 for example) I wouldn't recommend it, not yet anyway!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
17-03-2008, 06:04 PM
My boyfriend had Vista, it drove him crazy! He uninstalled it. But since Vista had some upgrades, he got it back and has not had issues. I am still afraid tho, I don't want to have to turn off so many things just to use it. But, I am not sure, is it worth it? Is it so much better than XP?

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
17-03-2008, 06:04 PM
In my opinion I like XP Better  Big Grin

Coming Soon...
17-03-2008, 06:43 PM
It boils down to why you want it, what kind of things you use your PC for. If you want to play high end games, then you'll want it for DX10, if you want it for more normal use, like running standard applications such as Office and browsing the internet, then you may be best of sticking with XP. I only got it as it came with a new PC!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
17-03-2008, 06:46 PM
That's the reason I have it Matt, because it came with my laptop. I don't use my laptop for anything that much though, I used to use it for the internet, but it just seemed so slow :Smile

Coming Soon...
17-03-2008, 07:38 PM
The only problem with Vista is it ALWAYS asks you for permission. Not a bad thing, but quite annoying.
17-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Oh yea when you want to delete a file mines asks like 500 times "are you sure you want to delete this?" "if you delete this it will be removed from your computer" its like...YES!!  Tongue

Coming Soon...
17-03-2008, 08:08 PM
(17-03-2008 07:38 PM)AmandaMarie link Wrote:The only problem with Vista is it ALWAYS asks you for permission. Not a bad thing, but quite annoying.

This is called 'User Account Control'. If you want to turn this off, go to 'Start > Control Panel > User Accounts' then click on your username and click on the 'Turn User Account Control on or off' then uncheck the box. You'll need the correct permissions on your account to do this so if you can't, ask the administrator for that PC.

Hope that helps  Smile