Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: Do you think there are too many repeats?
Yes!
No
I don't mind.
I haven't noticed
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
There are A LOT of repeat threads.
24-03-2008, 02:34 AM
There are A LOT of repeat threads.
I think that most of the threads in the Sims 3 section are repeats of one another.. They are either "is there going to be gradual aging?????????", "what do you want to see in the game???????", or "Can we follow our sims to work/school??????"

I mean, you don't need 20 threads on the same topic. How can we make people search for a topic before they make a completely new one?
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Re: There are A LOT of repeat threads.
(24-03-2008 02:34 AM)Reddle link Wrote:How can we make people search for a topic before they make a completely new one?

By limiting how many threads we can start in a 24 hour period.
25-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Unfortunately, it's very hard to stop this sort of thing...in any forum. People will do what they want to do.

The only way to really fix the problem is to delete any repeat threads that aren't the original. But only administrators can do that, and it's quite a bit of work.

I say just ignore it. Eventually the threads will sink to the bottom of the thread list and nobody will pay attention to them. Yes, they take up space and such, but there's really no way to avoid it, except for possibly putting restrictions on the amount of posts, as simkid has stated, but even that won't work entirely.

Sorry I couldn't help more Sad

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
25-03-2008, 11:20 PM
(24-03-2008 02:34 AM)Reddle link Wrote:How can we make people search for a topic before they make a completely new one?

Before they make a thread the system will auto search based on the title of the thread before the person is able to upload. The users ability to make the thread after this search can be based on there own judgment, rank, the amount of results that come up (too many no thread), or a combination of the three.

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
26-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Hopefully people will realize they're just bogging down the forum with all of their reposting and will cut it out. Smile

26-03-2008, 09:24 PM
(26-03-2008 08:39 PM)BambiGoddess link Wrote:Hopefully people will realize they're just bogging down the forum with all of their reposting and will cut it out. Smile

It has never stopped them on the EA site. And they get jumped on by the little storm troopers over there.
Hopefully when EA opens the forum, they will post all of their new ideas there.
It is impossible to read through all the posts now.
I wonder if the posts were sorted into sub categories how many "can we walk to school" posts there would be. Or "look at these new pictures". LOL
26-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Haha it is a bit crazy...and annoying...

27-03-2008, 10:51 AM
I agree. To start with I'll see about adding an 'Ideas' sub forum in the 'Sims 3' forum so people can post all their ideas in one place, as that is what the majority of repeat posts are I've noticed.

Thanks for your suggestions, keep 'em coming  :-*

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
27-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Ok, new forum in the Sims 3 category for all peoples ideas!

That should hopefully stop so many repeat posts in the main Sims 3 forum.

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
27-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Joyous. Many thanks, Matt Smile