Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adventures with dragons!
01-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Adventures with dragons!
I downloaded the new EA world "Dragon Valley" plus the associated Renaissance Fair, plus a festival lot created for the world. Got it all set up and dumped in some sims to play with. I haven't actually played Sims 3 properly for ages due to being too busy a bee, and it's been a while since I uploaded any pictures from the game but fear not! - now you can feast your eyes on some SimsForums sims battling dragons, conversing with elves and generally prancing about in medieval garb. What a treat for you!

We arrived in town (so pretty!) and realised that we looked out of place. Why is that? Oh yes, we are a bit too modern-looking. Ollie's green shoes are particularly bright and conspicuous!

[Image: DV_01.jpg]

Let's have a bit of medieval makeover shall we? I apologise if anyone hates their outfits. Tongue

Ollie is a bit stuck with weird clothes until he ages up, as the items for teens are not particularly suitable for the medieval look. I've picked out some more muted colours for him though - and I do love that jumper-jacket thing with toggles so I was pleased to use it. Sommie got the dress I liked most on the basis that it looked way better on her, but I didn't mind mine after I'd changed it to a better colour. Minty gets a very suitable outfit straight out of Sims medieval (and if you think that's funny just wait till you see your formal wear!).

[Image: DV_02.jpg]

We look nice, right? Biggrin

Everyone checked their tablets and smartphones for a while, which looked faintly ridiculous in DV, and I'm just waiting for the ice-cream van to show up and spoil the medieval ambiance.

Next up - accommodation. I did some jiggerypokery with our finances until we could afford something better than a one-bedroom shack. I picked this place mostly because I liked the door. Note also that we have a wicker bin, because of course that would be extremely practical.

[Image: DV_03.jpg]

That's as far as I got today and now I have to go and bake sweet potatoes for a curry, but I shall upload some more pictures next time I play. As usual it will take me a long time to redecorate the house.

I rolled an interesting wish just as I was saving. "Grow forbidden fruit." What now?! Well OK, we will try.

We must of course locate some dragon eggs. Also we must get down to the Fair and try out archery. Then we can go around telling everyone we meet that we used to be adventurers but then we took an arrow to the knee.

Dragon Valley looks really great and I love some of the features - the chalk drawings on the ground, the ruins and celtic symbols everywhere, the round theatre and other community lots all look ace. They have nice little details as well - fiery lanterns as street lamps for example. This could become one of my favourites.

Squeeeee! Sohappy
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 01-06-2013 05:23 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Ollie - 02-06-2013, 03:11 AM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Minty - 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Minty - 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 04-06-2013, 08:48 AM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 23-06-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Minty - 25-06-2013, 12:25 PM