Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
08-02-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
ARGHHH!! Photobuckets editor is so bloody useless.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Oh dear is it making you go like this? BangHead

Are you on the new version of Photobucket or the old version, Ollie? I "upgraded" to the new one last night because it kept bugging me to do so. Can't say it's an improvement but it's no worse I guess. Pictures are uploaded and I can shove them in folders, that's all I'm looking for really.

I don't edit pictures within Photobucket (I do it in the Mac's Preview and then just use Photobucket for storage). I noticed that the newfangled version of Photobucket is meant to have some sort of improved editing tool, although I haven't used it myself, so if you're on the old version maybe try moving to the new one to see if it's better?
08-02-2013, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 10:16 AM by Ollie.)
It's the new one (I had no choice but to upgrade because I managed to forget one password). It was so much easier to do everything on the mac. Even on windows XP it was easier because at least you could paste your print screen into paint, but now with windows 8 you have to download "Fresh Paint" (which was supposed to be an improvement from the original paint, but you can't paste anything into it and you can't resize the page to an exact size) and hold the windows key and printscreen and then open your files and open the print screen into it, which for what im doing is useless meaning I may as well upload it into photobucket instead of doing that. And did I mention that you can't printscreen The sims 3 when its not in windowed mode. Therefore I have resorted to using the sims 3's in game capture thingy and then I upload it to photobucket, meaning within photobucket I have to resize the photos which takes 1 billion hours and 10 billion errors saying "The edit could not be saved properly. Please try again" which then makes photobucket freeze and me have to reload the page to edit it 1 billion times more before it somehow magically works. Let's put it this way I HATE PHOTOBUCKET!

EDIT: ZOMG! Yes finally! It worked.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

08-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Yay, glad you got it to work. Smile

My friend doesn't think much of Windows 8. She says it looks like it was designed as an interface for tablets but they've applied it to desktop computers. I am not minding using Windows 7 at home, it's fine, but then I'm only using it for playing Sims on the Mac. I take screenshots in-game and then shove the files into my Google drive so I can edit them and do everything else in Mac OS X.

At work I use a PC but that has some really old version of Windows on it, nothing fancy or remotely modern. It gets the job done eventually.

Maybe you can get some other type of Paint-a-like programme for your new computer?
09-02-2013, 11:19 AM
All this talk in the news about Findus Lasagne and Spagbol being full of chevaline instead of beef.

It's all horses four courses if you ask me.

I'll get my coat...

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
09-02-2013, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 12:03 AM by Caspin.)
Rolleyes Tongue

On the same theme, someone just pointed out the somewhat unfortunate juxtaposition of headlines under the Education tab on the BBC website:

[Image: BBC_unfortunate_09022013.jpg]

Shocked
10-02-2013, 02:55 AM
I just say the thread in regards to donation. Like what. {I am late. Tongue}
I've donated through that site before but it was for another project.

I don't think going around Sim forums asking for money is cool by any means.
There are other ways!
Here is what I donated towards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zs9xTGn1Mc

So they can start season 2! {warning: has a lot of cussing, inappropriate language, etc!}

10-02-2013, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 10:52 PM by Caspin.)
Oh dear, there is water dripping out of the bottom of the boiler. That can't be good. My cunningly placed plantpot will serve as a temporary fix.

Sigh.

:mw_fist:

Added later:

Woah! Just looked out of the window for a moment and saw that since I came home a few hours ago a load of snow has fallen! Gave me the fright of my life to see everything all gone white. I will go to my warm bed and try not to think about faulty boilers. Maybe when I get up the snow will have all melted, not frozen, please please please!

Goodnight!

:mw_wave:
11-02-2013, 12:41 AM
(09-02-2013 02:18 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Rolleyes Tongue

On the same theme, someone just pointed out the somewhat unfortunate juxtaposition of headlines under the Education tab on the BBC website:

[Image: BBC_unfortunate_09022013.jpg]

Shocked
This must be the new apprenticeship schemes between schools & industry, with the kids mainly being used for "filling in" Biggrin Turn the little buggers into little burgers.

(10-02-2013 02:55 AM)gothika Wrote:  I just say the thread in regards to donation. Like what. {I am late. Tongue}

I've donated through that site before but it was for another project.

I don't think going around Sim forums asking for money is cool by any means. There are other ways! Here is what I donated towards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zs9xTGn1Mc

So they can start season 2! {warning: has a lot of cussing, inappropriate language, etc!}

Yahoo That was brilliant! "I'll only give you another blowjob if you'll watch Glee with me!" Biggrin

Money well spent there!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
11-02-2013, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 03:53 AM by gothika.)
ah yes! I absolutely love it, and one of the creators of it responded to me on twitter several times. he was absolutely sweet and humble.

you should watch the rest of it! Big Grin
there is like 13 eps?
it gets better! and a really great plot twist.

fun fact: Rachel tice is actually voiced by a dude, and so are many of the female characters.