Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
02-07-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Derp!

Anyone watched the first of the final series of Skins? My feeling was the series lost it when they started this whole new generation every third season. Everyone expected the third & fourth series with Effy to be brilliant after her role as Tony's mildly psychotic little sister, but the rest of the cast bar Panda were rank. Fifth series & other than the fragile Frankie the rest were awful.

Now they've gone back to see what happened with the old cast for the finale, & there's Effy, Cassie, &, um, people I couldn't care less about. Even there in all honesty I'm only interested in what happened with Cassie, because her character was one of the few that was fully developed. In the first series I felt overwhelming sympathy for her, someone clearly mentally ill partly because she felt her family no longer care less about her since they got the new baby; by the second I despised her as utterly self-centred to the point of callousness.

They're right in pulling the plug, trouble is they should have done it after series 2 & left us with the happy thoughts of what might have been.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
PSN just has to make me feel guilty about not having the last of us yet. Either way I should have my hands on it in approximately 21 days.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

02-07-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't watch Skins. I've seen one or two episodes but somehow never got hooked.

I have seen lots of people saying that the absolutely loved 'The Last of Us'. One said it was the best thing they'd ever played and he plays a lot of games so that is high praise indeed.

Tonight I'm going to the theatre to see The Hothouse , a Harold Pinter play. It's set in an asylum and someone I know who has already seen it told me that they have replaced the first few rows of seats with uncomfortable chairs, supposedly to make the audience feel unnerved, awkward and more asylum-ish. Fortunately my seat is slightly further back as I do not fancy being needlessly uncomfortable and distracted!

Have you ever googled the word 'askew'. Or what about 'binary'. Or 'gay'.
02-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Why on earth do you think I would've googled 'askew', 'binary or 'gay'?

02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
I didn't mean you in particular, Ollie! It was a general question that arose because I received a lot of tweets this week about funny things that happen if you google certain words and I just wondered if anyone here had tried them. There is a list of them, it would seem, on Wikipedia. Sounds as though quite nice things happen if you use google in December and search for 'let it snow' or 'xmas'. I'll have to try to remember to do that later in the year.
02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
I have done 'let it snow' before, also 'tilt' and a couple of others such as 'Atari breakout' on google images.

03-07-2013, 05:00 PM
As I'm typing this, it appears that a coup d'etat is underway in Egypt.

I e-mailed Ahmed last night but no response - it might not be wise for him to do so anyway if those in charge are monitoring net traffic & the like looking for "subversives" & "enemies of the state".

At times like this rational thought doesn't stand much of a chance & anyone that's a student runs the risk of being treated like some budding White Rose type by all sides.

Fingers crossed he gets through this alright, word is there's some killings going on away from the big protests in Cairo & the unrest is happening elsewhere.

03-07-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 10:31 PM by Caspin.)
Oh well done Minty! I hope that Ahmed sees your message even if he doesn't have a chance to reply. The whole country must be in a state of unimaginable tension.

Having said that, I had a work email today from someone in Egypt and they seemed completely nonchalant, as though nothing at all was occurring!

Edit: well now the scenes I'm seeing on the news look like a party!
03-07-2013, 10:48 PM
[Image: 139823.jpg]

In Cairo, Egyptians show how disgusted they are with the army's coup d'etat by taking to the streets to set off fireworks, hug one another, wave Egyptian flags & shout "Cheerio Morsi, ya bell end!" (ok, I made that last bit up!). Sohappy

It's almost becoming the Cairo equivalent of the annual New Orleans Mardi Gras.

First Ollie's & now Ahmed's all in a week. I'm starting to wonder if we need a new section in Sims Forums for Revolutions & Toppled Leaders - we do appear to go through them faster at SF than Hogwarts goes through Defence Of The Dark Arts teachers.

03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
That's one massive party Egypt seem to be having.

@Minty I was woundering for a couple of minutes about what you meant by, "First Ollie." But I soon realised. Well anyway you can't blame me, I was on a school 'camp' at the time.