Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
09-11-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Well, I've been mutilated for my whole life, ever since I was born, I have lived with one eye, three and a half arms and one leg.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Ollie, the job is surely yours!
11-11-2013, 01:45 PM
OK Mother Nature, what's the game? It is a beautiful WARM day up here the now!

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
16-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I have been standing at the window staring in amazement at the golden and red autumn leaves against a bright white sky. I'm sure it's about to chuck down a lot of rain in a moment.

Speaking of amazingly colourful trees, look at this one!

[Image: RainbowTree.jpg]

It is a Rainbow Eucalyptus. They turn up in lots of amazing colour combinations.
17-11-2013, 01:25 PM
I have one bare tree & one full of leaves!

Wish I had that rainbow eucalyptus in the back yard. Was that tree specially bred for My Little Pony fans? Biggrin

This big Dr Who special had better be good after all the hype about it!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

17-11-2013, 02:45 PM
I am still not caught up with my Dr Who tapes! I need to watch some serious amount of TV in the next month or so. The recording box gizmo keeps failing so a new one will be purchased in the January sales. Hopefully I will get all the crucial stuff watched off the old one before then before it goes pop for the last time. Silly tech.

I do like that rainbow tree. They grow to 70 feet tall or something.

How about this?!

[Image: Sponge.jpg]

It is a sea sponge with a funny face!
18-11-2013, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 03:04 PM by Minty.)
The Iranians are claiming they have their own attack drone aircraft.

[Image: 9d42a9ea8d7ffb573f7b71a73895b4e68018ae4d.jpg]

After the fiasco of their faked "stealth fighter", my guess is it will be more like this:-

[Image: picasion.com_9b5e954fd657cff048e88629130d2ffc.gif]

27-11-2013, 12:45 AM
That's the white paper on proposed Scottish independence been published, they were talking about it in Holyrood today, & Iain Gray (one time Labour Party leader up here) came up with the following howler:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC4hwVd47FE

"The Scottish government would look to establish an oil fund... what he doesn't say is where that money for the oil fund is going to come from."

The clue is in the word OIL you effing moron!

27-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Yes there's going to be a lot of "discussion" now that the white paper is published, isn't there. I'm sure we will get to hear some more real gems from both sides!
29-11-2013, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2013 09:49 PM by Minty.)
This is going to look bizarre!

Scunthorpe fans to dress up like squirrels for Torquay game

Fancy dress shops have run out of squirrel costumes ahead of Scunthorpe United's match on Saturday, despite the club asking fans not to wear them.

The run on fluffy rodent outfits was prompted by the return of former manager Alan Knill, who last year suffered serious injuries in a bizarre collision with one of the animals.

Mr Knill, who now manages Torquay after leaving Scunthorpe in 2012, was riding a bicycle when a squirrel ran between his spokes, causing him to fly over his handlebars.

The manager had to be taken to hospital and spent some time recovering. The squirrel died.

Scunthorpe's match against Torquay on Saturday will be the first time Mr Knill has returned to his old club's ground since the accident.

"It was quite serious at the time. I was flying through the air," Mr Knill told the Scunthorpe Telegraph.

"I came off my bike at 20-whatever miles an hour, an ambulance was called and everything - I could have died."

Scunthorpe fan Ben Drage tweeted his club asking whether anyone who turned up to the match in "squirrel attire" could be banned from their Glanford Park ground.

A club spokesman replied on the official Twitter account saying: "No you won't be banned. However, the club would prefer it if you didn't dress up in 'squirrel attire'."

Concerns were raised at the club after a run on squirrel outfits at a number of the town's fancy dress shops.

The manager of Celebrate fancy dress store in Scunthorpe, Matthew Stevenson, told BBC's 5Live that he had sold out of costumes before Friday.

A face painter booked to provide extra squirrel effects due to the high demand has also sold out and he is now hunting for a second.

Mr Stevenson told the BBC: "Since the beginning of the week, when (people became aware that) Scunthorpe were playing Torquay, customers have been coming in asking to buy squirrel outfits, squirrel tails, squirrel whiskers, little squirrel noses. We've completely sold out."

I always thought Tufty was an expert at crossing the road Shocked

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan