Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
06-12-2014, 02:35 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Hooray I survived the office Christmas lunch and quiz! Glad it's over though. There was an amusing conversation in which someone mistook Jon Snow from GOT for the Channel 4 newsreader, resulting in considerable confusion.

Came home to the telly to watch Blyth Spartans beat Hartlepool. So sweet to see how excited the fans and players were after their great victory!

Anyway, I hope that Minty is feeling a little better by now. Here is a consoling Simon's Cat video to cheer you up.

If I was a cat I think that's probably how I would behave quite a lot of the time. So it's good that I'm not a cat.
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 11:26 PM
I wondered how long it would be before Simon's Cat got round to mentioning catnip.

The Blyth Spartans result was wonderful. I still remember the Blackburn game where everyone laughed because with 10 minutes to go they were taking the ball into the corner flag to wind down the clock. A Premier League side doing this against a team of Northern Premier amateurs! They've always been my favourite giant killers, as they never ever give "big" teams the slightest respect, which either proves to be completely insane or inspired.

Still not 100% but going back in tomorrow, possibly to a row as they're unhappy about me being off sick in the first place. It's their lunatic hot desking that's caused this. Did you know that there's five times the germs on your average uncleaned PC keyboard as there is on a toilet seat? Sick

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
08-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Oh dear. Well, good luck and I hope you really do start to recover properly soon. Yes there are some germs on desks. I did tell you I was a microbiologist, right? Tongue

Have you got snow yet? The telly was claiming that you did. I am delighted to find that I am a little cold today. How it has got to be the second week of December without me getting out my winter coat I really cannot comprehend!
10-12-2014, 07:19 AM
No show for snow, & so far no "weather bomb" either despite the promises.

They had the police & emergency services running around Glasgow centre last night at the rush hour like headless chickens & cancelling trains going into Largs because of fears that somehow a giant wave could hit the train station, hit the power cables & fry everyone. Do they know how far away the station is from the seafront?!??!?!?! Muppets.

Wacko Clapping Fryingpan

12-12-2014, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 08:14 AM by Minty.)
Last minute attempt by those at work to get me to attend their doomed to disaster Xmas night dinner didn't go well for them.

"Why won't you come?" (like I have to justify my free time)
"No thanks, I won't enjoy it." (been to too many total office party disasters)
"You never know till you try."
"I've never nailed my nuts to the table, but I know I won't like that without trying it either.'

Egyptiandance Clapping Fryingpan

12-12-2014, 03:11 PM
A giant wave in Glasgow? Weird.

For what it's worth, I don't think I'd enjoy nailing your nuts to the table either, so we definitely won't do that. Besides, let's not damage the poor table. The problem I have is that there are loads of 'festive' events going on here but they hold them during work hours so I can't escape. I have an annual leave embargo at this time of year because it's so busy, so I can't even take time off to avoid it. So I'm judged to be too busy to be away from work, yet while am at work am expected to spend my time doing quizzes or making party hats. Madness. Next week we have the terrifying Christmas-themed staff development event. Last year we had to act in a pantomime. It's some kind of hell.
16-12-2014, 12:22 PM
It would seem I am to be spared staring in a pantomime this year, but sadly the reason is that I've swapped one hell for another. Having come home on Friday with a bad headache, I then started to feel ill in other ways and have in fact been off the last few days with gastroenteritis. I cannot leave the house! I feel truly pathetic. I do hope 2015 is a healthier year than 2014 has turned out.
17-12-2014, 01:46 AM
2014 has been really frustrating to me. I hope 2015 is better for me overall and I hope 2015 is better for you healthwise too!

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
19-12-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm much better now, ta. I have returned to work and am trying hard to clear my desk before we close for Christmas. I am even able to eat solid food again! Big Grin

Hope everyone's all right. Minty's gone a bit quiet, hopefully he is OK.
19-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Hi all, sorry everyone about the layoff. Nothing but a week's worth of chaos to deal with, not least of all because my brother & his wife have said they MIGHT come up at Christmas, depending how the roads are as they have to go up to Manchester for business reasons, so I had to get in some extra food of the weird type they like "just in case".

There were a couple of health matters too, but nothing major, only annoying. Gastroenteritis - oh yuck! Not my idea of fun at all. Hope it's fully cleared, that can linger on for a bit - right on time for Xmas too.

So much for the big freeze we were promised this week - the weather is such I've had to turn all the heaters back down. I'm dreaming of a Mild Christmas.

I see Paul has reappeared - or have I missed him again? Tongue

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan