Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
11-02-2015, 08:05 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Late getting home last night as everyone was chucked off the train when the carriage next to the driver began stinking of strong manure.

Yes, everyone was as mystified as they were cursing Scotrail for chucking us off onto a freezing cold platform at an unmanned rail station with little cover late at night!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2015, 06:00 PM
The train began to smell of manure? It didn't smell that way when you boarded? I'm not sure I want to know what occurred in that carriage while en route!

I've been working a lot of hours lately and this will continue for another month or two, then a period of calm will commence. I keep staring at the calendar trying to figure out when I can take some leave but by the time I've worked round all the periods of leave embargo, plus other people's holidays, there's not many obvious gaps. But I will find a way!

I had a weird experience in TS3 today. I held my first ever hen party, which I must say was quite funny, with sims dancing on the kitchen counter and then everyone falling into a drunken stupor on bathroom floor after drinking too much fizzy nectar. But why do they break all of the household appliances during the party? A stripper turned up (sorry, "party dancer") but had the "never nude" trait, which seemed an odd choice for that profession! The bride to be tried to chat him up but he got shy, asked for food, then ran off into the night. My sim eventually managed to end the unending hen party at around 7.00 am, get some sleep, then start the wedding party, immediately after which the groom was abducted by aliens. Some wedding night! All the wrong kinds of probing. Later he returned to Earth, only to immediately be made to have woohoo in a cupboard, a shower, a bed and a treehouse (I am keen to get the next generation started), then aged up into an elder and died in the garden. Good stuff.
16-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Sounds like an episode of that old soap Dynasty! Biggrin

It's getting difficult at work. People keep going off sick, or coming in late claiming they had to go to the doctor but are wearing their best suit. It's pretty clear plenty are going to interviews because they've had enough of a management who don't listen to them & only see their almighty plan. Years ago I was in a workplace where one Monday there was only three of us left and the boss. It was one of the most unpleasant weeks I can remember as all hell broke loose.

Bradford City are full of surprises, aren't they? Sunderland were never in it! Shocked

Elsewhere, 20 points clear and Rangers now third with twelve games left to go (I think), I think it's safe to say we're going up as champions Yahoo Five more wins, & that's that.

16-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Yes, champions for sure!

And so another week begins. I was so happy at home playing my totally insane game. Oh well. Perhaps by the end of the week Minty will have the whole office to himself. Biggrin

I never like Dynasty - I did like Dallas though. Actually maybe it was the other way round. They all seemed the same!
20-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Here we are on Friday & another three people have left, another four have come in with suits on because they're "going to see their bank manager/going to dinner in a posh restaurant" immediately after.

The last quarter is about to finish, they're not going to hit the over impossible target they set for themselves, which leaves me a little nervous as usually that means cutting staff to make up the short fall - last in is always first out.

Never mind, it's the weekend soon!

20-02-2015, 01:54 PM
They won't be able to get rid of you now, Minty, or else they'd run the risk of having no staff at all in a couple of weeks! It is that horrible time of year when everyone starts muttering about budgets and shortfalls, but it sounds as though your lot are depleting the workforce quite effectively without having to give anyone the chop. Awful really. Is it so very bad a place to work that everyone wants to run away?

Tonight I'm going to see something that looks quite weird. It's a Samuel Beckett play called "Happy Days" and I think it's going to be nuts. I mean, there's a lady stuck in sand with a flaming umbrella....

[Image: 1601148_10152139573903346_791278503_n.jp...111d5f2b48]

Enjoy your weekends, everyone. I hope they are relaxing Yes
21-02-2015, 06:11 PM
Urgh. And so Marine lose yet again. Apparently there were people booing at the end, which does not normally happen there. So disappointing.

That play last night was very strange. I felt that I understood what was being represented, but had a weird feeling that I was missing something. It all seemed too simple. The second act was quite distressing to watch. In fact the whole play was physically uncomfortable for me because it is set under a very bright, hot sun, so the lights were intense. My eyes did not like it. I think some of the school kids who'd been brought along to see it were quite bewildered! Possibly this is one advantage of being older. Biggrin

The big question is - are there any non-bearded men left in London, the UK or the world? I was sorely tempted to pull out a razor and shave them all! I swear all guys in their 20s looks totally identical now.
22-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Sorry Caspin, but apparently wearing tacky clothes from the late 60s to the late 80s/early 90s with a full grown beard is the latest fashion trend. *Shivers in fear*

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

22-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Urgh, yep. Skinny trousers in silly colours, lumberjack-ish shirt, colourful socks and a mad busy beard. That's all there is to see here. It's driving me crazy. I was out in the local Italian restaurant and they were catering for a birthday party. There must have been about 25 people all at one table, mostly guys, all identical. I wouldn't have been surprised if their girlfriends genuinely mixed them up. They all seemed entirely interchangeable. I'm glad I've never been interested in fashion (if that's what it can be called). And I certainly didn't look like that in the 80s/90s (although I suspect I did look shockingly silly, just in a different way). Biggrin

Nice to see you Ollie Yes
23-02-2015, 08:01 AM
(21-02-2015 06:11 PM)Caspin Wrote:  The big question is - are there any non-bearded men left in London, the UK or the world? I was sorely tempted to pull out a razor and shave them all! I swear all guys in their 20s looks totally identical now.

Anyone under the age of 50 with a beard ought to be ashamed of themselves - it's pure laziness. Anyone under the age of 80 with one of those Confederate Army type beards Frankie Boyle & the dickheads often found loitering around real ale festivals have needs shot. If they have rolled up trousers & no socks as well, make that machine gunned.

There's a couple of these disgusting types in my work, needless to say their beards are filled with semi-digested food particles & they have breath that could melt the polar ice caps: slovenliness in one aspect of routine hygiene begats another to no one's surprise. I'm sick of people up here thinking having death breath is something everyone else should put up with, that the decaying corpse of last week's ten pints of lagar & kebab take away (because you're too lazy to cook a meal yourself like an adult) is something everyone wants as part of their oxygen intake.

We're living in a land of wannabe hillbillies, right down to the inbreeding part. Ugh!