Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
01-02-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
The frost trolls are truly ugly.

It's interesting watching someone start a new game and then watching someone playing a really old save in which they are massively levelled-up. It's almost like two different games - one where the person has no basic skills and just runs around vaguely trying to avoid catching fire (like Minty trying to make polenta) and the other with this amazing assassin who can zoom-in so close to the enemy whilst using their bow that it's almost like standing beside the foe and then killing them with one shot, perhaps while making them catch fire!

Skyrim - one of my favourite spectator sports! Yes
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 03:38 AM
One childish trick that never loses its appeal is going to take on that frost troll east south east of Drela's Cottage (where there's a hunter camp above Hamvir's Rest). Give it a good Fus Roh Dah so it goes over the edge plummeting down towards the skeletons below, & it goes spinning out of control back up in the air & randomly across the landscape until it vanishes out of site, sending various bears, wolves & mammoths it runs into crazy in the process.

A few nights ago I was going up to the Waynon Stones. A moment before the two ice wraiths there made to attack me, they spun around & joined in the melee going on to the north of them on the nearby road between a bunch of Stormcloaks & Imperials. Shortly after, a bunch of vampires seeing easy pickings weighed in, followed by a frost spider. They were still knocking ten bells out of one another by the time I'd managed to sneak past them all heading for the Nightgate Inn.

I love that Immersive Patrols mod - it makes the game the right shade of crazy - & there's nothing funnier than watching some bar steward blood dragon swoop down looking for easy pickings finding out the hard way that a bunch of pissed off Thalmor & a giant aren't as easy as they look to toast!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
16-02-2014, 07:48 PM
I like the idea of there being "shades" of crazy. I wonder what shade I would be. Shades of what colour? A sort of duck egg blue I would imagine.

Don't have any Skyrim mods here. It's all snowy white pure unhackedness. I wouldn't know how to go about doing such things on playstation to be honest. What would be useful would be some kind of "compress my cupboard contents" function. My brother has collected so many fur boots and armour and wheels of cheese and potions and blue mountain flowers and those funny looking clothes irons you find everywhere. He shoved them all in this one cupboard in Breezehome and now he can't take any of them back out because it takes hours to load the list or it crashes!
01-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Wow, right now I feel like taking a giant's club to that lazy Jarl of Falkreath's head. He is very annoying!
01-06-2014, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 07:57 PM by Minty.)
He is the living definition of a waste of space. Almost enough to make you want to join the Stormcloaks, but the horrible Silver Blood family in next door Markarth are enough to put the notion off. It's pretty frustrating the way they space out the Jarls & their alternatives so if you pick any one side you will be putting at least 3 good Jarls out for 3 bad ones.

(Never build the house in Falkreath btw - you end up doing battle every second time you fast travel to it because they forgot to remove the nearby bandit spawner)

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Oh is that why there are millions of bandits there! Bloody spawner!
30-05-2015, 05:07 AM
Loooooove Skyrim. I think my favourite beast is the giant. Such wonderful artists! The Dragon Priests are impressive.