Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Somewhere You Are
30-05-2012, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 11:34 PM by Pixperation.)
Somewhere You Are
I am a long time simmer. I started playing The Sims back when it was just "The Sims." When The Sims Exchange was introduced, I tried creating a story series with The Sims 2. I fell victim to one of the one-lot-overwrites* and quickly gave up.

Life went on... for me and the sims.

The Sims 3 has an amazing open neighborhood layout which makes game play 100 times better. However, their story submitting function is almost unusable on their Exchange. This is very disappointing because creating and sharing stories from virtual lives is what The Sims is all about, in my opinion.

Therefore, I have created a blog to host a story I have been writing for The Sims 3. I currently have several chapters written and I am in the process of gathering the corresponding screenshots from the game.

The first few chapters will be the background of the characters and then at a certain place in time, in which I will point out, I will build the story from what happens in the game.

This is my first attempt at a Sims story with such depth. I appreciate comments, criticisms, and even editing remarks such as corrections in spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. I don't have a lot of time to spend on this new found hobby... so be gentle.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and visiting my blog if you so wish to do.

By the way, "Pixperation" is a combination of the words "pixel" and "inspiration."

*one-lot-overwrites refers to The Sims 2 Story Exchange in which if one user uploaded a story book from one lot then later wanted to upload another chapter or story book so to speak from the same lot the exchange would only allow one book to be from each lot. Therefore, it would overwrite the first story book that was submitted and all of the material would be lost. Yes, that would discourage anyone from trying to write a story and submitting it to The Sims 2 Exchange... at least it did for me.

The Prelude, Chapter 1, and Chapter 2 are up. I will post Chapter 3 as soon as I finish the pictures. Oh, and here is the link http://pixperation.blogspot.com/
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2012, 11:39 AM
RE: Somewhere You Are
Chapter 3 has been posted! Smile

http://pixperation.blogspot.com
31-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Awesome!
You're a fantastic story teller. I can't wait for more!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

01-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Chapter 4 is up!

http://pixperation.blogspot.com/

simman23, you made my day with that comment! Thank you! Big Grin
04-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Loved what you did to Trevor, giving him a smashing nightout with a tree! Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]