Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Devil's Grey - Episode 7 "The Closer" [SEASON FINALE - UPDATED NOV 18th]
08-11-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: Devil's Grey - Episode 5 "The Child Who Hides" [UPDATED NOV 07th]
Uh-oh! Well Rebecca's in the kitchen so she has a chance of defending herself with the bread knife or the pizza wheel or something!
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 03:17 PM
(08-11-2012 09:55 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Uh-oh! Well Rebecca's in the kitchen so she has a chance of defending herself with the bread knife or the pizza wheel or something!
EXACTLY! hehehe
17-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Boiled kettle of water in the face works every time!
"You know poo about poo!" - the naughty language filter works properly after all! Biggrin

Am I the only one finding Gabriel making the skin crawl every time he turns up. Total bunny boiler!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
18-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah he is a bit skin-crawly because he's so predatory, but what a brilliant character. Looking forward to the next chapter of this story.

Clapping
24-11-2012, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 02:23 PM by renan.nunes.f.)
Sorry that I'm late with the show, I'm currently setting up another episode to post here soon.
24-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey that's OK. Good things come to those who wait *commences waiting*
27-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Devil's Grey - Episode 6 "West Side Connections"
[Image: devils_s01e06_01.jpg]

Rebeca confined in the bathroom, while Robert waits in the room.

DAVIS: It's ironic, isn't it?

REBECA: What?

DAVIS: This time it was not you who was too much involved in the case. The case that was too much involved with you.

Rebeca pauses to think about what Davis is saying in the phone.

REBECA: Yeah, yeah...

DAVIS: I don't want you to get hurt Rebeca.

REBECA: I promise I'll be careful.

DAVIS: Tell me what is really going on...

[Image: devils_s01e06_02.jpg]

REBECA: I broke some promises alrerady Davis. You don't have to get involved... In fact, you can't.

DAVIS: I just hope it doesn't end up badly.

REBECA: What I did and what I still going to do... If it is illegal... Depends only on perspective.

DAVIS: You seem sincere.

REBECA: It depends on who is looking...

DAVIS: Rebeca, don't do anything that's going to make you regret, okay? You went through a lot of poo, you deserve some peace. I beg you.

REBECA: I need to go.

DAVIS: Rebeca...

REBECA: Bye.

[Image: devils_s01e06_03.jpg]

And hangs up the phone.

[Image: devils_s01e06_04.jpg]

She leaves the bathroom and passes through the bedroom. She stops. Stands in the room for a moment, she feels Robert's absense, suddenly everything is silent. Rebeca sees her gun on the nightstand.

[Image: devils_s01e06_05.jpg]

She goes to the nightstand and pulls out her gun, unlocks and walks slowly into the another room, pointing the gun forward.

[Image: devils_s01e06_06.jpg]

In alertness.

[Image: devils_s01e06_07.jpg]

Upon entering the room, she finds nothing. Only the opened door. She continues slowly combing through the apartment.

Nobody. Robert was gone.

[Image: devils_s01e06_08.jpg]

REBECA: Damn it!

[Image: devils_s01e06_09.jpg]

In a rage, she kicks the chair, which falls to the side.

[Image: devils_s01e06_10.jpg]

She tries to catch her breath, but she just breathe anxiously, wondering what could have happened. Robert was away? He was taken? Why she didn't hear anything? If there was a struggle, why there aren't signs? And if... The worst had happened, why she was spared?

[Image: devils_s01e06_11.jpg]

Shadow meets a man, not very happy to see him.

MAN: I thought you were dead.

SHADOW: I could say the same about you.

MAN: F***. Why would I help you?

SHADOW: The favor is not for me, is for Torres.

[Image: devils_s01e06_12.jpg]

MAN: The worst part of taking favors from that man is that you never know when you finished paying.

SHADOW: I understand this better than anyone.

The man hesitates, then relaxes, finally sees Shadow tone of questioning.

MAN: What do you need?

[Image: devils_s01e06_13.jpg]

SHADOW: I heard that Jerrod is in town...

MAN: Oh, dude, get the f*** outta here!

[Image: devils_s01e06_14.jpg]

The man is indignant, wanders sideways, barely sees Shadow. Shadow stops, analyzing him, waiting for him to contribute to his hunt.

SHADOW: I need to find him. It is urgent!

MAN: Look, man, I don't handle the likes of him, did you listen me? I mean, the guy is insane... You never know what he'll do next.

[Image: devils_s01e06_15.jpg]

SHADOW: Therefore I have to find him. There's a hit to the head of an acquaintance of mine and it seems that Jerrod is in charge.

MAN: Oh, oh, oh...

[Image: devils_s01e06_16.jpg]

The man smiled without humor, but as if he had seen something unbelievable right in front of him.

MAN: Man, I did not want to be that person in Jerrod's crosshairs, okay?

SHADOW: And me neither.

MAN: What makes you think I know where he is?

[Image: devils_s01e06_17.jpg]

SHADOW: You may not know where but you know who knows...

The man is thoughtful, deciding whether to help or not. For old times? - He asks in thought. Damn it!

[Image: devils_s01e06_18.jpg]

MAN: Listen... There's a woman in West Side.

SHADOW: Lower part?

[Image: devils_s01e06_19.jpg]

MAN: Yeah, yeah... In the lower part. Listen, she can help you. If Jerrod is in town then he must be active in some scheme for sure... And Reddie is the only one who can help you find him!

SHADOW: Thanks. See you later.

MAN: One more thing... If you come back alive from Jerrod... Ah, nevermind.

[Image: devils_s01e06_20.jpg]

The man turns his back and walks away while laughing. What would he say? Doesn't matter? Why so afraid of Jerrod...?

[Image: devils_s01e06_21.jpg]

SHADOW: I got your message, what happened?

[Image: devils_s01e06_22.jpg]

Rebeca sees her notebook, as if seeing something of extreme importance. Shadow follow her eyes and slowly approaches.

REBECA: You need to see this.

SHADOW: What is it, doc?

[Image: devils_s01e06_23.jpg]

He looks at the content on the screen.

REBECA: How a man so important as Adam Hall would be so careless?

SHADOW: I don't see anything.

[Image: devils_s01e06_24.jpg]

REBECA: Look at this! Pictures of him and some associates of Big John.

SHADOW: And they are all in different kinds of business, just spending time together. I see nothing about it.

REBECA: These men work, or are somehow connected with accounting firms who launders the money from the operation.

[Image: devils_s01e06_25.jpg]

SHADOW: This is the important document, the great proof that Robert left for you before disappearing?

REBECA: I'm sure he was kidnapped!

SHADOW: If this is true, how would he know that he would be kidnapped in time to let the document on a pen drive for you, doctor?

[Image: devils_s01e06_26.jpg]

REBECA: I don't know, it was just there in the room... He must have dropped it, it is obvious that he kept the pen drive in his pocket, to be a chance to survive...

SHADOW: What means that he really was kidnapped and he did left the pen drive with you...

REBECA: I need to find him.

[Image: devils_s01e06_27.jpg]

SHADOW: There's no way to do this without notifying the police.

REBECA: Watch me!

SHADOW: Rebeca, if you get caught in the middle of an FBI case, you can go to jail, doc!

[Image: devils_s01e06_28.jpg]

REBECA: There are worse places than jail...

[Image: devils_s01e06_29.jpg]

Rebeca gets up and leaves the office. Shadow hesitates, but then goes with her and closes the door very loudly.

[Image: devils_s01e06_30.jpg]

Shadow goes to the Lower West Side looking for Reddie.

[Image: devils_s01e06_31.jpg]

He enters the establishment...

[Image: devils_s01e06_32.jpg]

And goes to the back. Suddenly he feels the stench of incense.

[Image: devils_s01e06_33.jpg]

SHADOW: Reddie?

REDDIE: You're Shadow? I was waiting for you.

SHADOW: Lil Bird sent me here. He said you could help me find someone.

REDDIE: He mentioned something like that. What do you expect me to find?

SHADOW: Jerrod. You know him?

[Image: devils_s01e06_34.jpg]

REDDIE: Oh yes. And I'll tell you one thing, this guy is nothing if not bad news. Why do you want to find him?

SHADOW: Don't get me wrong, but it's personal.

REDDIE: Okay... I just wouldn't like to see a cute guy like you get hurt...

[Image: devils_s01e06_35.jpg]

SHADOW: I can handle myself, thank you.

REDDIE: Sure.

Shadow begins to wonder what people think about Jerrod, if he remains with the same reputation and if it is worse now.

[Image: devils_s01e06_36.jpg]

REDDIE: In this case, I think I should also say that he is looking for you.

SHADOW: I thought he was.

REDDIE: Yes. Want to know where?

[Image: devils_s01e06_37.jpg]

SHADOW: Yes.

REDDIE: You know The Palace? Leaving the city?

[Image: devils_s01e06_38.jpg]

SHADOW: I know enough. Is he there?

REDDIE: And awaiting for you.

[Image: devils_s01e06_39.jpg]

Shadow feels a chill to learn that Jerrod might be a step ahead. Why he is waiting?

[Image: devils_s01e06_40.jpg]

Rebeca finds Big John's car with Tyson's help and follows him through the city.

[Image: devils_s01e06_42.jpg]

Not a big deal yet, but she may find Robert Langley eventually.

[Image: devils_s01e06_43.jpg]

She begins to wonder if it's too late for him too. She decides in case she can't do anything about the lives of those involved, she can very well take the business forward to the Bridgeport Police Department.

[Image: devils_s01e06_44.jpg]

Big John gets off his car and starts to talk to another man on the sidewalk. She watches them, hoping that they give some important clue.

[Image: devils_s01e06_45.jpg]

Coming out of the darkness, a gunman hits with the tip of his gun against Rebeca's car window, she gets scared.

MAN: Get out!

[Image: devils_s01e06_46.jpg]

Rebeca obeys, tense, wondering what she can do to get out of that situation. Is it possible that Davis is seeing this? Hope it is not too late. - She wishes.

MAN: You're really brave and stupid, aren't you? You could have stepped out, but you prefer the risks.

REBECA: Dude, I have nothing important going on, I have nothing against your employer. I'll leave you alone, I promise.

[Image: devils_s01e06_47.jpg]

MAN: Why should I believe you?

REBECA: You are pointing a gun at me in the middle of the street, this shouldn't be your finest moment. Are you going to kill me right here?

The man ponders. Perhaps imagining the places where he could just shoot a bullet between Rebeca's eyes and not be seen. She's right - he understands.

[Image: devils_s01e06_48.jpg]

MAN: You are a very lucky girl. Stop following my boss. Here, a worker to another... We are small fish. You can't stop the big machine.

DAVIS: Put the gun down.

[Image: devils_s01e06_49.jpg]

Davis, in fact, appears and points his gun at the man's head. Coming out of the darkness, to Rebeca's surprise and relief, who was already imagining having to pull off her gun in a confrontation that she might not come out alive.

[Image: devils_s01e06_50.jpg]

After the man's arrest, Davis seems to be thinking too much, as if he's about to give bad news without knowing how to do it.

REBECA: Say what you have to say. Nothing will surprise me anymore today. What the f***!

DAVIS: I can't say anything.

REBECA: Excuse me?

[Image: devils_s01e06_51.jpg]

Rebeca doesn't understand, making an unprecedented expression for Davis, of confusion. The cold air settles.

DAVIS: You had told me that you couldn't tell me what was that you were involved. I must be pretty dumb not to know it was something like that. Besides, your name appeared quite often in the FBI in these past few days.

REBECA: My name?

DAVIS: Yeah, Rebeca! You follow these guys all the time. Good news! They do it too! It's the FBI job, after all. The case is not yours!

REBECA: But...

[Image: devils_s01e06_52.jpg]

DAVIS: Relax. You don't have a problem.

REBECA: Hey! I also have friends in the FBI...

DAVIS: Yeah, right!

[Image: devils_s01e06_53.jpg]

Davis laughes, mocking Rebeca, who is indignant. The night surrounding them, uniting in a masochistic relationship.

REBECA: Suck me! I dealing with this perfectly. You're just jealous because I'm back in business...

DAVIS: Make me laugh. Jealous? Have you lost your mind?

[Image: devils_s01e06_54.jpg]

REBECA: You got it, dude. Don't try to hide it.

DAVIS: So it's worse than I thought...

REBECA: Yeah. I give up.

DAVIS: You're the strongest woman I know!

REBECA: You say that to all women...

[Image: devils_s01e06_55.jpg]

Davis lets out a relaxed laugh. You are nothing and it is everything to me - he thinks.

DAVIS: Yes, but for you it's true.

REBECA: Wow, thank you, please, you're welcome.

DAVIS: Now, tell me what I really need to know.

[Image: devils_s01e06_56.jpg]

REBECA: Damn...

DAVIS: You won't let a situation of risk, especially if someone's life is involved, with no one to solve it. I mean, really.

REBECA: F***. I'll tell you. Besides, this is outside my league. You know, I never thought that things would get so much complicated when I accepted Elena Back as my client.

[Image: devils_s01e06_57.jpg]

DAVIS: Imagine my surprise.

REBECA: So won't like to know what I'll say next...

DAVIS: Why?

REBECA: It's about Frederic Back... Your childhood buddy.

DAVIS: He isn't... Bite me, Rebeca, spill it...

[Image: devils_s01e06_58.jpg]

Rebeca can't choose something else if not to involve the police and perhaps close the case in a reasonable manner. And with life.

[Image: devils_s01e06_59.jpg]

Big John goes down in the basement and finds Robert Langley tied in the chair.

[Image: devils_s01e06_60.jpg]

Robert contorts, his eyes anounces what will happen to him soon. The final gasps, he already knows. There isn't more to be done. He can't protect himself anymore, or escape, he can just accept his fate.

[Image: devils_s01e06_61.jpg]

Big John gets closer to Robert and almost whispers.

BIG JOHN: It's time to throw you to the sharks.

And lets out a sinister laugh that echoes through the basement. His men doesn't react, just watch.

BIG JOHN: But first, on behalf of all the good things you did for me, I'll tell you a little secret...

[Image: devils_s01e06_62.jpg]

He turns to his men and make gestures with his arm for them to leave. His men climb the stairs.

[Image: devils_s01e06_63.jpg]

Everything seems in slow motion to Robert, who feels like he's in the edge of a cliff so high he can't see the bottom.

[Image: devils_s01e06_64.jpg]

BIG JOHN: Now... Between you and me.

And smiles.

It's the last thing you'll see, now - Robert concludes.

[Image: devils_s01e06_65.jpg]

Rebeca answers the door to the sound of the bell furiously insistent.

[Image: devils_s01e06_66.jpg]

She opens the door and finds Mercedes upset with all the makeup smudged. Mercedes enters as a hurricane in her apartment.

MERCEDES: I did a horrible thing, corazon. Perdona me, perdona me.

[Image: devils_s01e06_67.jpg]

REBECA: What happened? Who did this?

MERCEDES: A man appeared in the District and was doeing several questions about you, corazon.

REBECA: How so?

MERCEDES: I don't know how, don't ask me, but he knew who I am. That I know about you... About...

REBECA: Stay calm. Want some water?

[Image: devils_s01e06_68.jpg]

Rebeca tries to comfort her, but Mercedes is very agitated, pacing back and forth. Rebeca get stuck.

[Image: devils_s01e06_69.jpg]

Mercedes turns to face her.

MERCEDES: No. Listen, chica.

[Image: devils_s01e06_70.jpg]

REBECA: What exactly did you told him?

MERCEDES: He wanted to know about your life, who are your friends, where you live, work. At the same time I thought he already knew all this and was just having fun with me. One moment he said that he was your friend and wanted to surprise you and another time he said that he didn't know you.

[Image: devils_s01e06_71.jpg]

MERCEDES: I even thought he was drunk or drugged, but then... And I recognize that when I see it... He was perverse. Crazy. Por dios, chica! Be careful please, please!

[Image: devils_s01e06_72.jpg]

Mercedes sits on the couch, Rebeca gets near her.

REBECA: Stay calm. I'll be careful. And what he answered?

MERCEDES: I kept changing the subject all the time, I thought he'd never leave. He grabbed me and I got slapped.

REBECA: My goodness, are you fine?

MERCEDES: Oh, corazon, I get slapped all the time. I do't care for that.

Mercedes loses a smile of pride, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Maybe in her world. Rebeca gets ten percent relieved.

[Image: devils_s01e06_73.jpg]

REBECA: There wasn't anything you could do! Now be quiet and let me handle this. What he's looked like?

MERCEDES: Blond, tall, has a mole under his eye. He is a sadistic guy...

[Image: devils_s01e06_74.jpg]

MERCEDES: Sorry, corazon, it's all I can say. Lo siento. Mucho. Sorry.

Rebeca begins to think and try to remember if she know someone with these characteristics. Was he after her? It's the hitman hired to end her life?

[Image: devils_s01e06_75.jpg]

Rebeca goes to the window, enjoy a bit of her natural drug. The Bridgeport's view, dark gray. And lights up a cigarette.

[Image: devils_s01e06_76.jpg]

Shadow walks down the road to find the hotel in which Reddie had spoken Jerrod was awaiting. What was inside? F*** it, I'm prepared - he sets for himself.

[Image: devils_s01e06_77.jpg]

He finds the room that had been assigned to the meeting and hesitates to open the door. Perhaps in the last moment a person stops to think again, as someone reconsidering suicide while missing ten storeys to reach the ground.

[Image: devils_s01e06_78.jpg]

Finally the door opens. The room is flooded with darkness everywhere. The light from the lamp is quite weak, the smell of cheap disinfectant makes its way up Shadow's nose and gets stuck.

[Image: devils_s01e06_79.jpg]

He slowly walks through the room and find some photos of Rebeca scattered on the bed. He makes an expression of who has just discovered something very obvious.

[Image: devils_s01e06_80.jpg]

Jerrod: Finally.

He is standing in front of the bathroom door, posing with much arrogance, and a sadistic smile on his face.

[Image: devils_s01e06_81.jpg]

Shadow gets scared and looks to his left, following the sound of Jerrod's voice.

Shadow's mind is filled with bitter memories of the past. A shiver goes through him from the inside.

Jerrod: You won't say anything?

[Image: devils_s01e06_82.jpg]

And lets out a laughter as he walks slowly toward Shadow. Getting face to face.

Jerrod: So I may have to do the talking. Hello, Shadow.

He smiles.

[Image: devils_s01e06_83.jpg]

And attacks.

Both fall to the ground, rolling, exchanging punches.

[Image: devils_s01e06_84.jpg]

Jerrod changes completely, becoming extremely violent and stronger than he looks. Shadow has no chance.

[Image: devils_s01e06_85.jpg]

Jerrod gets tired after a while and raises a laugh, as if just playing with Shadow.

[Image: devils_s01e06_86.jpg]

I mean no harm - seems so. It's just a joke. Right.

[Image: devils_s01e06_87.jpg]

Shadow still on the ground. Looking for the exit door, now closed.

Facing the bear near the door.

SHADOW: You...

Insists. Then falters.

The bear.

[Image: devils_s01e06_88.jpg]

Remember me? - Defies the bear. Smiling, sadistic, perverted.
28-11-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: Devil's Grey - Episode 6 "West Side Connections" [UPDATED NOV 27th]
Ah, the bear. You know, it's not often I get to read a story about a sadistic teddy bear. Or am I looking in the wrong sections on Amazon? Biggrin

Looking forward to more!
01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Hahahaha, what can I say... Its his thing, the bear. His signature - sort of.

Next episode is the season finale already, and the bear is gonna be guest-starring. What he'll do next? hehe
02-12-2012, 11:44 PM
(28-11-2012 08:52 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Ah, the bear. You know, it's not often I get to read a story about a sadistic teddy bear. Or am I looking in the wrong sections on Amazon? Biggrin

Looking forward to more!
I always wondered what happened to Naughty Bear Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]