Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam)
18-12-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam)
of the month if at the most xD
Right now it's Adam Young.
anywho. I'll be doing my own Sim legacy. ^__^ we can the difference.

Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Cool, I hope you do that, I'd love to see how your sims get along!
25-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately my laptop keeps lagging and freezes the game. :/
And I had to completely uninstall it and won't be re-installing it.

So I'll just have to wait until I get a desktop or something to be able to play it fully. Even though the Sims 3 was made for playing on not so amazing laptop, I live for the CC and my laptop can't handle it unfortunately >__<
Sorry! Plus I didn't really wanna play it because of the lag and freezing.

25-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Poor [removed]. Sad

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

25-12-2012, 11:21 PM
That's a shame. It is immensely annoying when it lags so badly that it puts you off playing. Fingers crossed you get a computer some time that will allow you to play.
26-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Awh thanks you guys :]
I'm excited what things you have up your sleeve Caspin ^___^

26-12-2012, 01:23 PM
(25-12-2012 09:09 PM)gothika Wrote:  Unfortunately my laptop keeps lagging and freezes the game. :/
And I had to completely uninstall it and won't be re-installing it.

So I'll just have to wait until I get a desktop or something to be able to play it fully. Even though the Sims 3 was made for playing on not so amazing laptop, I live for the CC and my laptop can't handle it unfortunately >__<
Sorry! Plus I didn't really wanna play it because of the lag and freezing.
I find that whenever there's lag in the game, I go through the custom content hairs & often one of them is the culprit.

One of the many things that made me want to punch people at Jazz-Hands was reading Moryrie and especially Reesaroo wittering on about "EA fail at hairs man! CC makers do it so much better man!". Complete drivel. You could put Sims 3 in a Cray Supercomputer & it would still lag like your local library's dial-up internet connection because the poly count of most CC hairs is so through the roof because the makers were too lazy to learn how to do it properly - & these will be the same ones that would girn at EA constantly for making buggy products!

The worst ones ever were the imports from the Sims Medieval that were converted to Sims 3. Hair that looked like it was set in concrete.

I have a lot of custom content, but I am picky, especially with clothes or hair as so much of it look little better than bodypaint because the makers are too lazy to learn texturing & depth properly, so you get jackets with painted on buttons and not raised like the EA Store ones are to look, um, realistic! I am ultra-suspicious of those advertising new custom content where the pictures have been photoshopped into looking like a Manga cartoon - you know immediately it's gonna look nothing like this in yours or anyone else's game!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
26-12-2012, 11:35 PM
(26-12-2012 04:27 AM)gothika Wrote:  I'm excited what things you have up your sleeve Caspin ^___^

*looks in sleeves* Well first I must get the Quest For Deathfish finished and complete the nectar cellar. Then perhaps we shall all turn supernatural. I'm sure we'll all look delightful as fairies!

Biggrin
06-01-2013, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 07:18 PM by Caspin.)
Seasons comes to Monte Vista! On offer we have rain, hail, fog and constant Error 12s. Oh well, what can you do. I have packed up the SF sims and saved moved them to a brand spanking new Monte Vista. Before that happened I managed to play the old house for oooh maybe ten minutes, during which time Ollie called over and did some dancing, while modelling his new young adult outfit. Hmmm. I wish I could get you a better ensemble, Ollie, but I dare not go into CAS at the moment as it signals certain doom. So for a while you will be stuck in these weird trousers and a sports shirt. Could be worse, right?!

[Image: MV_A_OllieGrownUp.jpg]

Minty came home from his shift at the restaurant during the full moon. In the green light he became, well... greener!

[Image: MV_B_MintyExtraGreen.jpg]

Quite scary looking there, Minty!

And so off we all went into the sim-bin and then into a new world that looked just like the old one. Yes

To ensure continuity I made sure I packed Ollie's fiancee, Rosaria. Here they are outside their new house (into which I shoved a load of computers and other essentials).

[Image: MV_C_OllieAndRosaria.jpg]

Sorry about the mess on your driveway but Minty was complaining about the heat so I had to help him out with a refreshing balloon to the face Biggrin

[Image: MV_D_PassingTheTime.jpg]

Sommie and her husband, Jayden, have a little house down the road. Jayden could also do with a visit to CAS but it isn't going to happen. [removed] can just run away like this if she's ashamed to be associated with him.

[Image: MV_E_SommieAndJayden.jpg]

We ended up with a tonne of cash from all these household mergings and separations so I took the opportunity to purchase an enormous hilltop mansion with sea views. Here we are arriving in Minty's prius (which he seems to really hate, better get a new car). Should be plenty of space under there for a nectar cellar.

[Image: MV_F_CazAndMintyHouse.jpg]

Hopefully my game can limp along for a bit longer now!
07-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Oh Jayden is...big O_O
the house is gorgeous! Big Grin
I'm excited for the snow...in the game not real life. xD