Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adventures with dragons!
23-06-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons!
Yay, found an hour or two to play today so here are some (by which I mean many) more pictures of Dragon Valley.

Today - ladies and gentlemen, puppies and kitties - we shall witness what happens when you put a young woman from the modern world ([removed], that's you) into a medieval setting. We shall also see Ollie's amazing work ethic in action, as well as a transformation of Minty the Peasant into Sir Minty of Stare-a-lot. Caspin will generally be behaving strangely, as she would in any era.

Boys and Their Dragons

Minty will not let anyone else play with Puke (the purple dragon). When he's not talking to it or playing with it or watching it fly, he keeps it in his pocket. I'm getting a bit worried about his dependence on Puke. Meanwhile the red dragons caused some problems by raising everyone else's energy bars to maximum so that we could not sleep. The red dragons themselves slept just fine!

[Image: DV_24_NoSleepExceptForDragons.jpg]

[removed] sat in the other bedroom and looked at websites all night, while Ollie and I practised cooking pancakes for each other and read a lot of books. It was a long night!

By morning, Ollie was googly-eyed from too much reading (and possibly from being stuck talking to me for so long, but he was too polite to say so). He took a little walk about the house with a red dragon as a parrot for his shoulder.

[Image: DV_25_NotAParrot.jpg]

Caspin: "That's not a parrot, Ollie."
Ollie: "Yes it is."

Minty woke up from his nice long refreshing slumber and immediately shunned the rest of us to rush outside and play with his best friend Puke.

They started with a spot of singing.

Minty: "La laalaalaaaaa!"

[Image: DV_26_Singing.jpg]

Then Minty enjoyed gazing at his dear little Puke, who swooped about in the sky. It's behind you, Minty!

[Image: DV_27_ItsBehindYou.jpg]

Oh dear.

[removed]'s Addiction Part One

Somoyea disappeared for a while. Whenever I went to check up on her she would be standing outside various venues in town, obsessing about her smartphone.

Sommie: "But look, there are cat videos galore."
Minty: "Make a video of me singing to Puke!"
Sommie: "No."

[Image: DV_28_SomayeaLovesSmartphonePart1.jpg]

Ollie's Day

Everyone got jobs - I'm a teacher, Minty's a chef (again!) and [removed] is a politician. Ollie took a part-time job at the mausoleum, seeing as he seemed to enjoy the trip to the graveyard to hunt for dragon eggs. None of the adults had to go to work on the first day, but of course poor Ollie still had to go to school.

What a school, though! It looks great! Caspin is excited that she will be working there.

[Image: DV_29_OlliesSchool.jpg]

Ollie do you want us to dye your hair so that you fit in here better?!

[Image: DV_30_OlliesSchool2.jpg]

Crazy-looking kids.

During school Ollie was given an assignment to do in his own time at the science centre. Poor Ollie - no rest for you! He went there straight from school to try to complete the assignment before his part-time job started.

[Image: DV_41_OlliesScienceAssignment.jpg]

Freakish Conversations

While Ollie was busy learning at school, I was able to watch what adult sims get up to on their days off in DV. [removed] kept trying to run off by herself to play with technology (she feels cut adrift without it!), Caspin couldn't stop reading and making pancakes, although you'd think she'd had enough after The Night Without Sleep. And Minty ..... just kept staring. I knew this dress was a bad idea. Ahem.

Caspin: "Oi - eyes up, peasant boy!"
Minty: "Sorry. Do you want to hear my song about Puke?"
Caspin: "Erm ..... Let's go out for an hour, I think Sommie needs some fresh air."

[Image: DV_31_StopStaring.jpg]

And so we went to the nearby pond (complete with ruins) for a bit of fishing and a nice walk in the sunshine.

[Image: DV_32_LetsJustGoOutside.jpg]

Caspin: "Are you having a nice time, [removed]?"
Sommie: "Sure, it's great. Really .... green, and stuff. With daisies."

[Image: DV_33_DaisiesForSomayea.jpg]

"But the wifi signal is terrible!"

[Image: DV_34_SomayeaLovesSmartphonePart2.jpg]

I am not sure Sommie is cut out for life in Dragon Valley!

At least Minty was enjoying himself, for once without Puke.

"Look, Caz, I'm fishing!"

[Image: DV_35_Iamfishing.jpg]

"Yes, but I've actually got a fish!" Tongue

[Image: DV_36_No_Iamfishing.jpg]

"Girly swot!"
"Puke lover!"

I decided it would be best to move on, before Minty and I started a fight and Sommie threw herself into the pond over the epic failure of broadband in the park. Also everyone by this point was peckish. "To the bistro!"

[Image: DV_37_Hungry.jpg]

Peasant-Be-Gone: A Transformation

We got changed into our formal outfits for the bistro. As you can see, MC Minty scrubs up nicely into his knight's outfit. How are those metallic tights working out for you?! Biggrin

[Image: DV_38_NoSoPeasant.jpg]

During dinner I somehow befriended this purple-headed fellow, who insisted on hanging around afterwards and talking non-stop.

[Image: DV_39_MyPurpleFriend.jpg]

Minty took out his own little purple friend (!) and he and Puke indulged in some gossiping and more staring.

[Image: DV_40_MintysPurpleFriend.jpg]

I sent my new friend away and decided that perhaps Minty needed some attention or else he would soon only be able to converse in the language of dragons. What followed was an extremely bizarre conversation with a lot of waving of hands.

[Image: DV_42_WeirdConvo_Icanfly.jpg]

Some of the speech bubbles were awkwardly placed so it sometimes looked as though I was addressing Puke rather than Minty. They are as one!

Minty/Puke: "I like vegetables."
Caspin: "Who said that?!"

[Image: DV_43_WeirdConvo_DragonsLikeVeg.jpg]

Things got even stranger when Minty had Puke cast some kind of rune spell on me! I went all shiny and floated for a while. Minty looked suitably guilty. Dunno

[Image: DV_44_WeirdConvo_WTH.jpg]

Ollie's Complaints

At this point Ollie turned up, having been out all day doing work of one sort or another. He wasted no time in putting a stop to the mucking about and making some complaints to Caspin.

"I'm starving hungry, I'm knackered and I have homework. You lot have been messing about doing nothing all day. Sort all this out, please."

[Image: DV_45_OlliesComplaints.jpg]

Quite right, Ollie. You tell her!

Caspin immediately bought Ollie dinner, as hungry sims quickly become horrors to deal with, what with their waving and pointing to their stomachs.

[Image: DV_46_OlliesDinner.jpg]

Minty had dinner too but wouldn't sit with us. I guess he'd rather sit with Puke. Hmph.

[Image: DV_47_MintysDinner.jpg]

[removed] meanwhile had disappeared again, having gone home to use the computer. She got hungry as well and approached our old nemesis for sustenance.

[Image: DV_48_SomayeaIceCream.jpg]

When everyone was full of nice bistro food I sent Minty home as well, so he wouldn't hang about staring at people and casting silly spells. Ollie and I took care of the homework situation. I wasn't happy about Caspin sitting on the floor in her best dress - there are many tables there!

[Image: DV_49_HomeworkTime.jpg]

A few townies came and went from the restaurant. Most of them are mad!

[Image: DV_50_ScaryTownieA.jpg]

[Image: DV_51_ScaryTownieB.jpg]

Shocked

Finally the homework was done and we went home for some TV and sleep. I made sure the red dragons were somewhere else so they couldn't take away our sleep again. Minty had a good old stretch - after spending half the day in chainmail he must have been sore!

[Image: DV_52_SomayeaLovesSmartphonePart3.jpg]

And [removed]'s smartphone obsession continues. I'm getting worried!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 01-06-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Ollie - 02-06-2013, 03:11 AM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Minty - 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Minty - 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 04-06-2013, 08:48 AM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 23-06-2013 05:19 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Minty - 25-06-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Adventures with dragons! - Caspin - 25-06-2013, 01:07 PM