Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A tidy up
06-06-2014, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 03:07 PM by Caspin.)
Brick A tidy up
Hey kids, I was looking at the TS4 section and wondered if we could tidy it up a bit? Some of the threads at the top, the ones under "important threads" don't really seem to me to be any more or less important than the ones lower down, so may I unsticky them? They were really just the first threads that appeared at SF after we started talking about TS4. If anyone thinks they should stay up top then that's fine.

My thinking was that instead we could use the "important" area once the game is released for people to post their first impressions and possibly have a thread for screenshots? We could prepare a few threads now to guide people where to post. By "people", I mean Ollie, seeing as he's the only one I know who is actually buying it so far. Tongue But that may change.

What do you think? Do I have permission to meddle? Biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 12:49 AM by Ollie.)
RE: A tidy up of TS4
I always thought of unsticking some of the threads at the top, but never did get around to it, always sidetracked by something.
Just can't wait to get my hands on The Sims 4, and share some experiences and thoughts on here.

Edit: Just went ahead and unsticked a bunch of the threads, but left the Wishlist thread there, just in case some random came by and decided to drop off a bunch of hopes/ideas for The Sims 4 and would see that thread at the top, so they don't make another thread, leaving us with a bunch of threads (in the worst case scenario) about what they'd like to see in The Sims 4.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

07-06-2014, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 03:09 PM by Caspin.)
RE: A tidy up of TS4
Very good, Ollie, thanks. Yeah, the wishlist one might as well stay there, as you say. If anyone comes along and starts new wishlist posts along the same lines we can always merge them.

Some good news is that Crin has decided to make a Sims 4 Help Blog, so I will put a post about that in the TS4 section. It's good news for those planning to buy the game that she may be willing to do some bug collecting, at least at the start until she decides whether to carry on playing it or not. I guess it will all depend on whether she enjoys the game and whether it turns into too much work.

Although hopefully there won't be any bugs in TS4 (oh my aching sides).

Also, do you think we should also get rid of the "Move Complete" forum announcement that appears all over the place? It is from Matt from November last year and I think it could go.
08-06-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: A tidy up
OK done some tidying, but please feel free you two to do any as you see fit whenever. If there's anything I've missed out, just yell.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
08-06-2014, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 11:05 PM by Caspin.)
This is nice. I listed work to be done and then you boys ended up doing it. Could get used to this! Tongue

I didn't want to have you come back in and find the place unrecognisable, so thought I'd canvas for opinions first. Looks good so far. When I have a bit of time I'll see if anything else can be neatened.

But now I really must go to bed. *stares at clock in disbelief* It's a school night!

Night-night.
10-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Here is my next suggestion (and not one I can act on myself). In the TS3 section there is a separate area for talking about the Expansion Packs, but only two sub-sections within that - one for World Adventures and one for Ambitions. Given that we ended up with a million expansions but only have two of them represented there, I wondered whether it would be cleaner to just get rid of the 'Expansion Packs' area and merge all the threads into the main TS3 discussion?
10-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Tis done!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
10-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Cheers Smile
26-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Hey Mr Minty!

When you get a moment could you look into either merging the Stories sub-sections or else make a new TS4 section for Ollie's new project to live in. My view is that merging them would be better so that all stories/legacies are together regardless of which version of Sims they are made with, but you're the boss Tongue

Ta!
26-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah I think merging would be for the best-if possible.

Thanks. Tongue Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]