Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
issues with sims deluxe... please help!
19-01-2009, 05:03 PM
issues with sims deluxe... please help!
Hi guys, i'm wondering if anyone can help me...
I got the sims deluxe edition & all the expansion packs about a month ago. I played happily, having only the occasional crash. I was looking online for downloads last week and found some hacked items, so downloaded a few. All of them flew through virus checks, so i installed them and carried on playing. Everything was fine till i threw a party and the game crashed... i restarted it and it seemed to load up ok until it got to the end of the load up screen, when it all closed itself down and went back to my desktop. After this happened a few times, i deleted all the new items i'd downloaded, tried again but it still did the same.
I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it and everything seemed fine, it loaded up and took me to the neighbourhood screen. Stupidly i tried putting a house that i downloaded on the game, but it replaced the original house file, in game it deleted the property/patch that the house was meant to go on... i couldnt retrieve the file so i uninstalled again and started reinstalling all the discs...
As i was on the 2nd to last expansion pack, just as it was finishing installing i had a message come up saying it couldnt find the original sims game, and sure enough when i checked the sims had gone, i deleted the leftover maxis folder in program files, and started over. I've done it about 4 times now, but each time it's messed up, and even when i only install the deluxe edition it gets to the end of loading up, and disappears on me. I've looked on loads of forums, followed the advice of closing down pretty much all programmes back ground tasks and processes... i ran all virus/spyware scans... ran disc check... defragged & registry repaired... nothings helped. Theres a couple of the hacked items that i wasnt able to delete, i've tried a few highly rated deleting programmes off download.com, but nothings worked. i changed the folder name so that it wouldnt get mixed up with the new reinstalled maxis folder, buit ideally i'd like to get rid of them totally if anyone has any idea's?
And please please PLEASE can ayone help me get back on the sims, i just wanna get back on there and get my neighbourhood started again!
Thanks for looking, and thanks even more if you can help! lol
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Re: issues with sims deluxe... please help!
Your game corrupted according to the EA support knowledgebase. You'll want to follow these steps to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

It's the registry files that are the problem.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
20-01-2009, 01:44 AM
(19-01-2009 08:29 PM)Phoebe link Wrote:Your game corrupted according to the EA support knowledgebase. You'll want to follow these steps to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

It's the registry files that are the problem.

hey, thanks for your reply. i tried that earlier and did everything up to windows/current version/uninstall, buti couldnt find these...
#  {2727FBEF-3155-11D4-8F73-0050DA0F6297} – The Sims Livin’ Large
# {10798AE3-DCBB-43C3-9C93-C23512427E25 } – The Sims Deluxe
# {7D268154-7A31-40F2-9779-7A250914BB39} – The Sims House Party
# {017E65B1-7484-461A-B16F-7C931166083B} – The Sims Hot Date
# {3D9231F6-A287-4222-9EBC-519BB206F590} – The Sims Vacation
# {7C32C567-DC0F-4C80-B06C-7873850A2E06} – The Sims Unleashed
# {1A7F8DF6-5A3E-4CDF-BC82-BE26B407E21B } – The Sims Superstar
# {9A00D1BA-D03A-44E5-AF28-86A1F377DF61} – The Sims Makin’ Magic 
i tried reinstalling anyway, but it hasnt helped. I also tried to get the "sims eraser" but couldnt download it off the EA site cos i havent been able to product register (2nd hand games).
One other wierd thing is when i look at the easy info/system requirements, its saying my PC is running at -1360Mhz which is just bizarre...
Do you have any idea how i can sort this out?
20-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Hm, that's just plain weird. I can't help you with the PC running at part. It may not have anything to do with it.

What system are you running this on?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
20-01-2009, 02:27 AM
(20-01-2009 02:23 AM)Phoebe link Wrote:Hm, that's just plain weird. I can't help you with the PC running at part. It may not have anything to do with it.

What system are you running this on?

XP home...
trying the whole regedit thing again...
20-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Hmm, yeah, try that again. I've been looking and all I can find is the registry :/ I wish I could help you more beyond that but I haven't played the game in ages so I don't have any experience with how it works...

20-01-2009, 01:37 PM
(20-01-2009 02:41 AM)Phoebe link Wrote:Hmm, yeah, try that again. I've been looking and all I can find is the registry :/ I wish I could help you more beyond that but I haven't played the game in ages so I don't have any experience with how it works...

unfortunately i havent had any luck yet, i tried the regedit again, didnt help. i found the sims eraser on one of the expansion discs, ran it about 10 times but that hasnt helped either  Sad i'll keep on trying though, i mean something has to work... right? lol
21-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah. Worse comes to worse, you could always email EA support and tell them you've tried everything.